IARC 2023 Transcripts - 17 JOY

So I’m Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving your information sheet with the contact information, so if you agree, then please tell me your first name and that you agree.

Okay, Joyce Moore. I agree. Moore.

Moore. Okay. Thank you, Joyce. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Okay. A circular economy for for me it doesn’t mean closed loop approach. So from for example, in case of automotive automotive sector, we start just from a new car, then to end of user car and then to a new car again. What does it mean that every every part, every component of this automotive car will be 100% reused and nothing will be will end to to a waste?

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Yes. For my job life I we are a key player on circular economy and we are, I can assure you, 100% participant.

How did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

Well, it took about three years, more or less, for my company as my job profile. We we started few many years ago, uh, to be, to be participant nowadays, uh, I, I can say that it’s everyday, day by day, Uh, everybody is talking about it, so I’m, I’m impressed. Uh, but I think that we are in the, in the correct way.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in a individual sector or industry?

For sure. I think that in our, uh, in, in our life, every, every one of us at job sector or only in the private life can be part of the circular economy, maybe only starting with, uh, few steps, Uh, but it’s something that could be, uh, in our real life.

Uh, do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

Yes. Yes, for sure it exists. I already told day by day is, uh, everybody is talking about it. And starting from the OEM, the third part, uh, the converters, uh, batteries. Every part is already planned of the circular economy. Totally.

Do you currently own a car?

Yes.

Which kind?

Uh, is a suv?

Uh, normal or electric or hybrid?

No, it’s normal. Yes. Normal car.

Uh, when is the one, the adjective that comes to mind when you think about electronics in a car?

Electronics. Now, nowadays, uh, all the new cars have been composed of mostly from electronic part. So electronic, uh, became a fundamental part of. Of the car. Yes.