IARC 2023 Transcripts - 30 YUL

So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector, and I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I leave you information sheet with the contact information, so if you agree, please tell me your first name.

I’m Yulin Wang from Hamill in Holland.

And you agree?

Yes.

Thank you. So can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Something that saves our life? We everybody should take care of that. It’s so important this moment now. Yeah.

Yulin, do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Ah, how to say? Because my job is for plastic recycling. So majority of my time is to support circular industry or circular business? Yeah.

How did you become interested in circular economy ideas and practice.

Is already 25 years. I always in plastic recycling business. So from last ten years as plastic and more and more has not come from packaging plastic, there is a lot from replastic and car shredded side. So our company is really focused from since last ten years is about ASR and replastic. Yeah.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or individual industries?

Yes. Is I think is for industry is so important so you can do close loop as today’s technology is not difficult. Just we need to pay attention. Yeah. Uh,

Do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

Yes, there is quite big company. They already use, like, recycling plastic in their product and they want to increase more content of recycled plastic.

Do you currently own a car?

Yes

Which kind?

I have Mazda.

Is it electric or hybrid or conventional?

It is still a petrol. Yeah. Uh,