We are here to call for support for something we care about: to inspire Armenians to find the work they really love!
We recognise that unfortunately not many here have the privilege to be able to choose the job they like. Having an income is the main priority, family members generally rely on each other as a sort of social welfare, so all in all is not easy for people to explore different paths when it comes to making a living.
Nevertheless we also believe that there is a lack of knowledge, and even hope maybe, that more fulfilling options may actually exist.
Therefore we would like to start a campaign to expose young Armenians to some local and global success stories from people who are making a living by following their passion, sharing the hard compromises they had to make but also showing the potential rewards that come when you work following your call. Our intention would be to inspire the audience to explore themselves and give it a try to look for a future where work is not just something they have to to do make money.
Practically speaking we decided to organise an event, in Yerevan to begin with (date to be decided), and perhaps more events even in other regions if we will be able to and we will gather enough interest. The format will be a TEDx-like presentations with some time for discussion and networking.
We are going to contact the TEDx Yerevan group, which we personally know (we actually have a former speaker in the group too, Anahit), to investigate the possibility to organise an actual TEDx event.
The next steps for us, and for you if you want to join us:
- contacting TED people in Yerevan (Alessandro and Anahit?)
- find success stories, locals and internationals (Everyone is welcome)
- start thinking about how to attract the right audience to the events (Everyone is welcome)
Some resources from our group:
- Noemi (@noemi): expertise in community building and user lobbying, engagement of the right the users base. "Social Software"
- Alessandro (@alessandro_mambelli): experience with entrepreneurship, connections with Tumo Center, connections with TEDx, connection with Luys foundation, good network in Yerevan and outside
- Anahit (@amusheghyan): marketing manager, social media and lead generation for startups, TEDx speaker
- Anna: economics and management, project coordination, online contribution
- Seg: film director, documentary, doing a bit of everything from writing to distribution, PhD student, full time if film making
- Lilit: in two full time jobs, internship at UNDP, networking through her connection to the youth council, works with Luys connecting mentors with mentee
- Lilit: graduating as a lawyer, constructive debate trainer, work with World Vision international community development organisation (right?)
- Suren: economics, IT startup
Shall we make this happen together?