Internetdagarna interviews - introduction by dorap

Tell us about yourself? What are you working on and why are you at Internetdagarna?

Getting Girls interested in programming. I was working as a developer and experienced first hand the lack of diversity in tech and wanted to change that. At Internetdagarna I present my App for programming for girls.

When did something related to the internet last make you hopefull or happy?

This morning. We launched a new Instagram account for our teenage girl ambassadors and this morning we had the first story post of one of them showing their work and life.

When did something related to the internet last make you upset, afraid or angry?

I used to life in chile, and therefore I see a lot of posts from there and I see how the protests there are going and how inequality is affecting peoples living there and that upsets me.

name: dorap

1 Like

Hello @dorap, we would love to start a thread about diversity and equality in tech, sharing some ideas and examples and discussing potentials and challenges. Could you contribute some examples that motivated you and tell us about your journey to developing a coding app for girls?

On a more grown up note, but also connected to gender issues in tech and empowerment, maybe this is interesting for you: Sex Tech Conference in Berlin