Internetdagarna interviews - introduction by N1441

Tell us about yourself? What are you working on and why are you at Internetdagarna?

Work as key account manager selling a platform to make it easier for students and teachers to use learning tools across the web to integrate them into the curriculum. All-in-one learning platform.

I am here to listen to teachers work and learn so we can update content on the platform.

When did something related to the internet last make you hopefull or happy?

For me internet is most important to stay in touch with relatives or friends all over the world. That makes me hopeful.

What makes me happy: I recently read a study that young people find social media that interesting anymore and that they use the internet in a more educative way.

When did something related to the internet last make you upset, afraid or angry?

Actually, the first keynote speaker talked about how easy it is to manipulate Google searches?
It made me angry because it showed how easy it is to spread inaccurate information, fake news, misinformation.
The impact of it is scary.

This impacts my life because I need to get even more careful of reading what other people have written or how they get their information.

name: N1441

1 Like

@N1441 great to have you here!

We are actually hosting an event on Thursday the 28th in Stockholm, to further the use and learning of opensource software in teaching which might be interesting for you:

Tell us a bit more about your work and come by if you can. Or if not we would love to loop you in the online discussion of the topic here :). there are also many interesting learning platform projects on Edgeryders, see for example this thread:

Looking forward to talking more and learn from each other!

ping @erik_lonroth

1 Like

You are much welcome!

@N1441 just a quick reminder for the Edgeryders Teaching Teachers Open Source workshop.

The workshop takes place tomorrow:

28:th November - 10:00 - 17:00+

Södra Hamnvägen 9 (Hus Blivande, Directions 1 here)

Lunch included (nice and vegetarian)

Would be a perfect fit for you!