Inventory & Requests

actually the shorter is better but with a correction in the end as down here:

Title:
How to build a world: a webinar with the Worldbuilding Academy’s core team

Description:
Dear SciFi-Economics and alien economy enthusiasts and futurists,

In the first week of December, we are organising a webinar to present the concept and thoughts on our project to channel out-of-the-box economic thinking into creating a fictional world and seek feedback from the community.

Together with our future writer in residency, Yudhanjaya Wijeratne, we are preparing and pre-populating an online space where everyone will be invited to contribute with ideas, analysis, references, visuals in building this open-source world.
The webinar will serve to present the initial stage and the concept of participation.

You are invited!

Question1:
radio button: “Yes, I want to take part in the workshop’

Question2:
"My idea/suggestion for building the world:”

1 Like

the form is designed to have at least a short description, so I would like to add a 2 sentence description text as in this proposal @alberto

Why do you frame it as a message (“Dear John…”)? It is a web page. The description should be something like:

The Worldbuilding Academy is an effort to build an open source fictional world, to serve as the backdrop for science fiction/fantasy novels, films, or games. This world is different from other fictional worlds, in that it pays a lot of attention to its economies, and makes its economies radically different from the one we live in. Join us to find out where the project is, and how you can be part of it.

Monday, December 7th, 17.00 CET (more info).

2 Likes

Works for me. Since we already have a date, can we move the original post into public space?

1 Like

ok will do it this way. In future, when requests for forms are made, I would be great if the event organisers could provide such a short description with the request as well as the question they want. that makes the process so much faster. I I have to try to draw that up without full knowlege there will be lots of double work.
:slight_smile:
(as described in the main post on how to make the requests)

1 Like

Of course, @MariaEuler, don’t bother making text up, just ask us.

@alberto and @IvanC here the links (You can also find them on the top of the main post here in the inventory list)

1. Edgeryders Forms

1. Code: How to build a world: a webinar with the Worldbuilding Academy’s core team - Comment Invitation
  2. Output: (Just output, text in code in 2.) How to build a world: a webinar with the Worldbuilding Academy's core team
1 Like

Hi @owen can you change “share your views” to “participate” as the standard for the tell forms ? Share your views is a bit off for registration forms sometimes

1 Like

ok follow up question:

How come the “share your views” icon and link to it doesnt show up here: Edgeryders Forms

while i does show up here: Edgeryders Forms

I don’t know why we do not have it in some of the newer ones, It is not necessary, it just scrolls down. Can be added in again if you think it is necessary and surely also be changed.

CAn you send the link to the example form with the share your views link you refered to?

How to break the digital divide? - Comment Invitation this one leads to a form with "share your views. but I can not find it in the code (@owen, can you help?)

No no I think it is better not to have it

It shows up when an article is plugged in. When there is no article, the introduction text is short enough to see the form beneath it.

All it does is provide a shortcut to the form below, but it also indicates that there is a form at the bottom of the page; with lengthy articles that might not be obvious to the user.

I’ve added the option “form_link” in the configuration to change the text of the link - or remove it entirely.

You would use it this way:

"title": "How to break the digital divide?",
"text": 14320,
"form_link": "My custom link text" (default is "Participate")

or, if you would like to remove it:

"form_link": false

I would advise keeping it, but if you want to not display it by default let me know.

1 Like

hello,

could i ask you to embed this video in this tell.form, please?

@Ivan, that link does not work for me. it needs to be not password protected i guess

the vimeo? strange, it is public

this is the embed code:

here you are:

https://tell.edgeryders.eu/14783

video embeded

1 Like

great, thank you :slight_smile:

ping @nadia. Added to the Invetory. Also made a new text source post with out the register link as otherwise people woudl potentially be send round and round. Output is still to the post you set up in EarthOS

Ping @hugi, an overview of the forms can be found here.