KongressBW Stuttgart 29 - Valentin [EN]

So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it, and put to transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name in a in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you later. An information sheet with contact information. If you agree and tell me please, your name and that you agree.

Yes. Valentin Bauer.

Thank you. You agree?

Yes.

Okay. The first question. Can you tell me a bit about your educational and professional background and interests?

So I did my school. I finished four years before. Yeah, five years before. And then I studied economics here in Stuttgart. Dual system. You know, dual system. Yes. Yes, I finished last year and now I’m working for labeling machinery producer. And I have my new startup called Nokoni. And yes, I do it like next to my main shop right now and hopefully in some days as a main shop. Okay.

What is your area of expertise?

My my dual study. So economics is an expertise. I had like two startups before, like selling some products and now this startup here, a bigger startup.

The theme of this Congress is resource efficiency in the circular economy business. What does that mean to you?

So I think there are a lot of ideas right now in the world, like our idea with the heat recovery system for like showering a lot of ideas, but we need some changes. Not in Germany, in the world, some changes. And so all the people have like collect all their ideas to like, have a better world. Yeah.

Okay.

So that’s why we are here. So to like, bring this system from Switzerland to Germany because it’s new and yes. And we can save like 1% of the, um, of the pollution of the, of the environmental problems.

Okay. What do you think is the relationship between electronics and sustainability?

To control. You can see it here on the other exhibitions place you can control you can like bring the the economical things to like, you know, visibility to like control like the visibility with the visibility like smartphone tablet to like control everything. And you can see what you are like. For example, you save water or you save energy and you can see it and then it’s like has a big impact of my of my doings.

Can you define a circular economy in your own words?

What do you mean exactly?

Circular economy. Kreislaufwirtschaft. Yeah.

to have like, like an economy, which is like planned from the beginning to the end. So if you not like, produce something and then it’s over and then you push it to the market, so you have like the end of the market, like recycle, recycle something like to have like a the idea of the whole process, not just not just by part here we have we sell like heat recovery systems, but our part is also like recycle to recycle it, to like renew it, to like make a retrofit, for example to have like the the view in the future. Not just like not just selling something and then it’s over. So to look like 20, 30, 40 years in the future. Yeah.

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Yeah. For example, my startup. Of course, we’ve also this category at home. Um, I also like sell my, for example, small things sell my iPhone back to the reseller to like get the the elements, the materials back to like separate the waste like plastic. All the things things you do in normal life to like not use plastic bags. So I think that’s small things I do. Yeah.