Let's submit a conference paper to IC2S2!

Working on the extended abstract. Author names and affiliations take lots of space. I rework the document and the text a bit but their awful style does not help.

I would not bother, Bruno. Just add the names, I don’t think the two-page limit applies again.

It applies. Easychair is configured to accept only 2-page long pdf :frowning: :hot_face:

Simmelian backbones and its ref removed from the paper. I did not find another way of reducing to two pages.

On easychair, we have to check the availability for the Q&A session:
early: 10:00 or 11:30 Zurich local time (UTC+2)
late: 20:00 or 21:30 Zurich local time (UTC+2)

Which is yours @alberto?

Early!

@melancon just a small note: a disclaimer should be added somewhere mentioning POPREBEL project:

POPREBEL – Populist rebellion against modernity in 21st-century Eastern Europe: neo-traditionalism and neo-feudalism

This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 822682.

Usually, to this the EU flag (emblem) is added.

Copy that. Thanks for warning me.

I have viewed Alberto’s video. He cleverly designed it with a number of pause (marked using fade out/in transition to white). This will help to edit it. For some sub-sequences, I might reuse the audio, trash the video showing Alberto and replace it with images or diagrams.

We have a working session tomorrow with @bpinaud where we’ll focus on producing the video.

1 Like

Yes, that was exactly the idea.

@alberto
currently working with Guy. I need a full access to the gdrive with the video. Guy cannot do that. Please use my gmail address.

Done, I think.

1 Like

Perfect. Thanks.

Just received a reminder from IC2S2 about the deadline for submitting the video. I just thought I should drop a note to mention the video is underway and will be submitted on time. If you want to have a peak on the video and how it looks until now (ongoing work).

1 Like

Your editing is great, @melancon… I am not super happy with the video file itself, but I had run out of time. :slight_smile:

Video editing finished. I was about to upload the video on easychair. The server warns me th file must be 100Mb or less !!! This seems quite contradictory with the requested quality “Full HD format (1920x1080) with a 16:9 aspect ratio” … Will see what I can do …

1 Like

Houston, we have a problem.

The video file I made exceed the upper limit for upload on easychair. Our file is about 750MB while the limit is 100MB. I juts don’t see how you can come up with a 12 min video in Full HD that’s makes 100MB unless you show lots of static powerpoint slides …

Anyone can think of a solution … ?

Posting this here so everyone knows, @Jan @amelia @Richard @ben

Thanks to Bruno @bpinaud, the video file has been converted to a proper format and now stands as a 91MB file, so we are in line with easychair. Should have I known he would solve the problem, I would have been able to sleep a little longer yesterday :slight_smile:

The file is on the GDrive for those who want to have a peak. Thanks everyone for making this possible. @alberto, next time we should try to have more time and come up with a better storyboard.

Can’t wait to write the full paper :slight_smile:

Best, Guy

2 Likes

Me too! I have plenty of ideas and things to try!

8 posts were split to a new topic: Writing a paper on network reduction for “Ethnography kitchen”

Just letting all co-authors know that the paper was successfully presented in the “Societal Challenges” track of IC2S2, on Wednesday morning. The video was played, and I then fielded a Q&A session. I have made a new friends, Lina Franken at U Munich, who expressed appreciation for both last year’s Field Methods paper and the present work. She asked to be informed when the full paper is ready.

Her own work is pretty cutting edge: she does ethnographic coding of computer code! Yet another demonstration of the versatility of ethno coding as a research technique.

https://www.kuckucknotizen.at/kuckuck/index.php/1-21-code/216-1-21-code-leseprobe

1 Like