Looking to work with a professional proofreader

I am looking to work with someone on a regular basis, about once or twice a month, to proofread pieces that go out on the official blog of the Edgeryders Company page. These are either editorials, blog posts, or could include more web-copy like materials - such as website texts. I would prefer to work with a journalist, or someone with a background in journalism.

If you are interested in it, please take a quick stab at this test (either make a copy of the document or copy paste the text into a new google doc). And, please, use track changes. I only work with google docs, so this should be the method used when working together.

Also, please share your fee with me (word-based preferably).

1 Like

Just saw this post and went directly to do the ‘test’ doc! I have been and still am very keen to help Edgeryders, and one of my key personal aims is working on effective communication. So, I feel like this would be the perfect opportunity to do both.
Although my main professional experience is in basic research, not journalism, I did work for about two and a half years with a company managing large collaborative EU projects, for which editing ‘deliverable’ documents to include logical and correct English (British, for that context) language use was one of my primary tasks. As I would otherwise probably be considered overqualified to be called a ‘proofreader,’ I would like to stress again how interested I am in contributing to these efforts at Edgeryders.
As to fees, I would expect at least 0.18/ word to start (based on my desire to contribute and this article).
Thank you in advance for your kind consideration, and hoping to be able to help!
p.s. does Matthias really live in an old fire-fighting truck? I think he is amazing!

2 Likes

Hey Rachel, Nice to hear from you! Just wanted to say hi :slight_smile:

1 Like

to you, too!
sorry this fall is no good for me to join in for the festival, again, but maybe I will get to help in some concrete way soon? :blush:

1 Like

don’t worry, everything will be well documented so you can participate/engage remotely

1 Like