Membership: update

Sorry to hear that Lara :frowning:
Would have loved to see you join!
And yes to having an extended Reef community!! Looking forward to having you visit at a later point…

All the best for finding your perfect place!

1 Like

Hello dear Reeflings,

The past few days I’ve been thinking a lot about you and the Reef project as a whole. The talk with the confesseurs brought me the reality check that I wanted for some time.

When I first heard about The Reef I realized very quickly how its values were aligned with mine, but I also knew that stepping into a project like this would be a financially calculated risk for me. That didn’t stop me to put my time and energy into it, though, because I recognized its importance. Sadly enough going any further from this point would make it financially too risky for me, as the talk with the confesseurs showed me. I need to prioritize making my financial situation better so that I can actually jump into a project like this in the near future without it being financially unviable for me.

I will be keeping a close eye on The Reef, though, and see how it evolves. You are all lovely, beautiful people and I am sure you will make this into a wonderful co-housing project that will be seen as an example for future generations of similar co-housing projects. I have learned a lot from this entire experience and I’m very grateful for that to all of you. And no worries, you haven’t seen the last of me yet, as there is still the Christmas/NY party at our place :slight_smile:

If you want to keep in touch, you’re more than welcome to add me on Facebook.

See you soon!

10 Likes

Very sad to see you go Pieter. It is crazy how over only a few months we become attached to this little family to be…
I don’t have Facebook but I hope you’ll keep in touch with us in real life too!
Wishing you all the best on your journey to making your dreams come true!

1 Like

Oh man! What a loss! Very sad to see you go!

1 Like

Oh no :frowning: Sad to see you go!

1 Like

Sad to see you go but good to hear there will still be opportunities to meet!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Just a small update that I will rejoin The Reef (starting with tonight’s plenary meeting).

I am not entirely sure yet if I’ll be able to stay, but thanks to encouragement I received I will try to once more look at all the financial details, and see if I can somehow make it work without it feeling financially too “at the edge”. Because I think it would be really cool to stay :slight_smile:

See you tonight!

6 Likes

@reeflings,

Just a quick update to let you know that Joris and Margot let me know via a PM that they will not continue their membership of The Reef, mostly due to lack of time and mental space. They wish us all the best.

5 Likes

Dear @reeflings, as some of you already know, Thomas and I have decided not to go further with The Reef.
I would like to thank you all for the time we spent and the work we did together. To me, taking part in this project has been a great opportunity for learning, and also for self-reflection.

I wish success and happiness to every one of you nice people, and to The Reef!
Feel free to message me on Edgeryders or Facebook.

11 Likes

I join my voice to the one of Céline to thank all of you for the past months. Taking part in a cohousing project was a really enriching experience, and it’s with a bit of sadness that I leave you behind.

This experience made me reflect on a lot of things, about what I want for my life now and in the future, which contributed to this decision. But I wish you all the best, for the Reef to become a reality and everyone in it living happily !

Please feel free to add me on Facebook or message me via Edgeryders !

11 Likes

Good luck to you both Céline and Thomas! It was really nice to get to know you, and maybe see you around! =) <3

2 Likes

What a pity that @ThomasMaertens and you will leave :confused: but I am glad I got to meet you! I wish you all the best for your future!

3 Likes

i am sorry for this loss, thank you for your help and for being so nice, you will be missed

1 Like

Sorry to hear @ThomasMaertens and you are leaving! It does sound like you came to powerful realizations about which kind of life and future you want through the process of joining and working with The Reef. For sure useful insights that will help you on a beautiful alternative path. Wishing you lots of success with whatever is next!

2 Likes

Thank you Nic !

1 Like

You will indeed be missed, @Celine_D and @ThomasMaertens. Godspeed, may the future bring you all you hope for!

2 Likes

All the best @ThomasMaertens and @Celine_D! I wish you a wonderful future wherever life may take you!

2 Likes

Dear @reeflings,

Some of you already know, I have decided not to go further with The Reef.

It has been a true pleasure meeting you, spending time together and looking at/working on this “dream-to-come-true”; also a great experience for self-reflection and clarifying what I am looking for and can offer.

I want to thank you all for welcoming me so openly and warmly in this wonderful community, I wish you the best for the future both as a great community as well as all individually amazing people…

I will follow the development of the project with great interest and will be happy to stay in touch.

See you around as Brussels is just a large village !

Take care :sparkles::pray::sparkles:

matt

6 Likes

Sorry to see you go @Matthieu! It was lovely to get to know you, albeit briefly, and I hope to see you again in the future. As you say, Brussels is pretty much a large village… :slight_smile:

Sorry to see you go @Matthieu !:frowning: