Membership: update

Hello @reeflings,

Can you please join me in welcoming Sébastien (@Sebastiem) and Aline!

They have arrived to the project via our lovely architects, and fast tracked into the group with help from Sophie and myself. One or both will be attending the plenary tomorrow evening…

:slight_smile:

10 Likes

great news, thanks @ChrisM !!

Welcome!

1 Like

Good afternoon dear @reeflings :tropical_fish: :fish: :octopus:

I’ve just gotten the answer to my financial (un)ability to continue with you in our project.

Unfortunately, I have to leave this great adventure. It is a matter of timing because I am not stable enough, job-wise, at the moment. It could be different in 6 months but for now and the very next month, it isn’t.

I am finishing now the tasks I was in charge of. If you happen to need more people joining for a training (to lower the costs for instance), I would still be interested to join so don’t hesitate to hit me up.

May some of us live other adventures together, in other contexts. It was anyway an immense pleasure to meeting you all and to get to know you while moving big stones together.
If some of you would want to keep contact, I am definitely open to it !

Take good care of you and I wish the very best to the Reef ! <3

10 Likes

That’s really sad news @Laurianne !

We’ll still be here for you in 6 months, if the situation changes x

Definitely keen to keep in touch :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will (unfortunately) join Laurianne in saying good-bye.

The last months have been a constant up-and-down in terms of staying in the project, but it’s become quite clear the last weeks that I can’t raise sufficient funds at this moment in time to be part of The Reef. (Maybe after I get a permanent contract again - hopefully in a year, I can rejoin The Reef… we will see :slight_smile: )

I will still participate at the plenary tonight (the topics seem very interesting, and I truly do hope to come back to the project). I hope that’s ok for everyone. I won’t participate at the weekend - Dave will take over. I’ll also still work out the last details of the budget proposal for logistics.

Grateful for the last months and for having met you all! <3

8 Likes

Shame to see both of you go, @Lara and @Laurianne! Happy to have had the chance to do the NVC training with you both

2 Likes

Damn. I really regret this. Thanks for trying, and looking forward to re-welcoming you when the time comes :heart:

We have already spoken one-on-one… same thing, we’ll do our best to keep the door open for you!

2 Likes

Dear @reeflings,

@BarbaraG and I are sad to announce that we, too, will be leaving the project. We have come to realise that we are not ready to make this long-term decision at this point and we want to respect the group’s requirement for full commitment now.

We are truly grateful to have been able to be part of this wonderful project, if just for a short time. We cherish what we have learned from and through you and feel lucky to have met you all. And we’ll happily stay in touch with those that want to.

For the future, we wish you all the best, for the project and individually!

11 Likes

@Laurianne, @Lara, @BarbaraG and @leonard,

I’m very sad to see you go and I hope our paths will cross soon and often. I wish you all godspeed.

4 Likes

Best of luck, @BarbaraG and @leonard ! Thanks for considering us.

1 Like

So sad to see you leave, @Laurianne! Really hope to stay in touch! :green_heart:
@leonard & @BarbaraG , didn’t see your message earlier! i have so much hoped for Ada to have a little friend, but i totally understand. You 3 are very much missed! But all the best with your future projects.

5 Likes

Hey y’all, adding my own message here too:

As Nic detailed above, we’re leaving the Reef. I do this with a heavy heart, knowing how many wonderful people we’ve met and have gotten to know better over the past months. I won’t reiterate why we’re leaving, I think Nic laid that out very well in his post. I just wanted to thank you for all that we’ve learned by being a part of the Reef, and for all your efforts and kindness.

We’re still passionate about social, equitable and sustainable housing. I sincerely hope you push forward with this project and make it a reality. I’ll finish up the proposal I had already partly written about the full electrification of the Reef and send it to team building for review.

Hugs

Jolan

6 Likes

Dear @Nic, Dear @JolanWuyts,

I am sad to see you go. Thank you for all your work and your open and honest communication. You would have made a great contribution to the team. Wishing you all the best,
Claudia

2 Likes

@Nic and @JolanWuyts - Thank you for your many contributions to the project, and for some of the lovely moments that we’ve shared along the way. All the best for whichever direction your path takes you next :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me again :slight_smile:

It’s clear that there are a few things to discuss currently, both individually and as a group, but this thread is certainly not the place to do it.

As the sole inhabitant these days of Team Conflict Resolution, soon to be Team Community, I am very much available for anyone who would like to meet for a chat about how we can learn, grow and move forward together.

To those who have already reached out to do this in the last couple of days, I want to thank you for the honesty and compassion that you have bought to these conversations, and for the commitment you have shown to grow together as we continue to manifest our shared vision :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dear @reeflings , I’m sad to add on to this thread as well, but after taking a week to reflect, I have taken the very difficult decision to leave the Reef. I’ve given my feedback to most of the full members so I won’t reiterate it here. In short, my gut just tells me that this is not the right project, and added to that, the right moment for me. I still have the ambition to join/create a project like the reef in the medium future (I firmly believe in its values), so I will keep following and routing for your progress, and maybe reach out to you one day for advice :slight_smile: You’re a great group of people, and I will miss working with you! My personal details are on nextcloud - do reach out if you want to chat. In the mean time, take care!

7 Likes

Sorry to see you go! But, as I already told you, I trust everyone in this group to make the right decision for themselves, and this is what matters. The same, naturally, applies to @Nic and @JolanWuyts and everyone who left.

Dear @reeflings,

Over the past few weeks, I’ve been thinking a lot about myself and the Reef project as a whole.

Finally, last week I have sadly decided not to proceed with it.

From the beginning, I was reflecting mainly on the amount of time and energy I could dedicate to this amazing dream.

Time and energy are now even more crucial because of the group’s requirement for full commitment.

I have come to realise that I can’t commit as expected, and because of that, I’m not ready to make this long-term decision at this point, where everybody’s contribution will be vital in making The Reef happen.

I feel very privileged to have met you, and I will be happy to stay in touch with those that want.

I will certainly be keeping a close eye on The Reef and promoting it in my circles.

Very grateful to all of you! Grazie!

Mary

7 Likes

You will be missed! But I understand, a cohousing is a big commitment. If it’s not a “hell yes” then it should be a “no”.

1 Like