My Story – by Adam Pearson

Please mention the name / topic of the event you want to participate in, and the city or town where it is happening.

Hackathon for Ethical Solutions to Unethical Problems - Berlin 22.11

Work, hobbies, family life, leisure, pleasure… Which activities from your present life would you like to keep doing? Which things would you like to never do again? Which would you want to start doing/do more of?

My twin passions are music and human development, converging in the survival of human joy. While music was my former profession, and I want to do more of this as a hobby in future, my main mission now is to get the world “konnekted”, whereby everyone will learn, train, and use KONNEKT - a universal psychosocial operating system which I have uncovered - as a lived part of daily culture. This means I want to focus on content creation, advocacy, presentation, and training of my material. I want to avoid anything which keeps me from this eg paying the bills, hourly paid work etc.

What is an a question or desire that drives you or your work?

• What are the fundamentals of the life process which we share beyond differences in life conditions, culture, language, intelligence, worldview complexity, personality, and beliefs?

• How can we focus our attention at scale on those fundamentals, rather than on our conceptual identity differences, in order to align our energies and collaborate effectively - as individuals, communities, societies, and as a species - around shared existential and ethical purposes?

• What is one attentional process we can adopt at scale such that, by doing it, it would make everything else easier, or unnecessary?

How did you get started and what hurdles have you met along the way?

The idea for KONNEKT started nearly a decade ago after 15 years of intense personal development exploration, and the hurdles I have met along the way are mostly resistance - both internal and external.

Which doubts do you have about the work you are doing and the path forward?

I don’t have doubts about my mission, only unknowns and uncertainties in how to reach critical mass of adoption in time to be effective.

Legal structure: which one to adopt (non-profit, foundation etc)

Business model: how to spread the KONNEKT meme as fast as possible while becoming financially self-sustaining.

What kind of support would you like to offer others traveling a similar path?

Developmental coaching, feedback, content input. Spiral Dynamics understanding and assessment in depth.

Great, now that you’ve made it easier for us to introduce you to the others – start to think about the topic and purpose of the event itself. Why do you want to participate in it? How do you feel the topic touches your work or life at the moment / in the future?

• Getting skilled complementary input and support for my mission, building an MVP, testing approach, and ideas for implementation would be amazing.

• Meeting inspiring dedicated doers and creators could result in new partnerships and connections which could positively change the direction of my mission and everyone impacted by it, not to mention my life.

KONNEKT is a universal framework for purposeful self-organisation, designed to transcend much of the division and wastefulness which humans spontaneously generate. I believe strongly that a viable and ethical future for humanity and the ecosphere lies in the direction of radical simplexity and collective humility in the face of existential natural realities. I cannot think of anything more important than enabling a developmental flow from competition to cooperation to collaboration, and building new forms of resilient konnekted cultures.

name: Adam Pearson

3 Likes

Welcome, @Adam_Pearson! this sounds amazing! more simplexity! Do you already know @steffen_30 (My Story – by Steffen) who is also going to the Hackathon? Seems to me you guys should resonate quite nicely :).

ping @BlackForestBoi

Great to see you here @Adam_Pearson

Looking forward to meeting you in person, your project sounds very suitable for our “collabathon” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @BlackForestBoi

I’m looking forward to it :star_struck:

Let me add to the welcomes here. KONNEKT sounds interesting, can you describe it in more detail? Also, “simplexity” - learn a new word everyday!

Hi Maria

Looking forward to meeting you. Steffen’s focus seems more obviously related to my previous career than my current mission, but his last sentence - “Grounding logic in the intuitive reality of the human experience could play an important role in the endeavour of making the world more ethical” - suggests consonance (literally and figuratively) in the strategic objectives.

1 Like

Great! I personally don’t be able to join in Berlin since I am currently in Stockholm, but will join in all the discussions of documentation and projects and be happy to help you around on the platform and facilitate contacts with the other community members here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Adam_Pearson,

there have been changes to the time plan for the hackathon:

YOU CAN COME ALONE OR WITH YOUR TEAM

AGENDA

SATURDAY
�8.30 – we open door�s

9.00 – we close doors
we gather for a small breakfast at 8.30 am and we start sharp at 9am

9.00—14 Deep Work
we’ll spend the morning of Saturday trying to step back from the problem-solving mind and seeing the full picture

14—15 Lunch break

15.30 Check-in getting back from lunch
In the afternoon we’ll dig into deep sharing and mixing of models, projects and approaches

16—17.45 First Round of Working Tables

17.45 tea break / stretch

18—19.30 Second Round of Working Tables

19.30 Break and Eating together

20 Cacao Cerimony and Celebration
We’ll celebrate in the night with an in-house party with cacao and nice vibes :slight_smile:

~ SUNDAY ~
– we start at 11am harvesting the learnings from the previous day and continuing refining our experiments and helping each others to document and produce them. We’ll have a moment to gather feedback from other people and then hacking on projects and incorporating feedback. We’ll go on untill 17.30/18

Dinner on Sat night included!

1 Like

Hi John

I thought I had coined the term “simplexity”… and then found I was not the first to do so :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. It’s a useful descriptor for my “stupidly simple” proposal. Below are a few of the principles - still high level, but I hope this helps you grasp further what I’m getting at. The tactical mechanics and business model etc are absent, partly because I want to see what emerges over the weekend in those areas.

KONNEKT is a psychosocial ecosystem for giving everyone in the world a basic field kit for living more consciously, more conscientiously, and more courageously, and to train them to use it consistently, in support of sustainable human joy. This is not a replacement for many other approaches, it is a framework within which other benevolent approaches to human self-organisation can be aligned and integrated.

Current global conditions call for unprecedented systemic solutions.

Protest is necessary and useful, but will not build the ark or help us navigate the uncharted waters ahead.

Unlike previously, human neurological evolutionary capacity does not contain within it the means to spontaneously generate humane solutions to the complexity of problems we face today, or with the urgency required - these must be designed, deployed, adopted, and adapted consciously and deliberately.

Accordingly, we can - literally and figuratively - no longer be left to our own devices: we must help each other to help ourselves by sharing the feeling-thinking-doing process, and KONNEKT is a call for a grand alliance of changemakers, teachers, parents, leaders, and entrepreneurs to that end.

There is a recursive pattern of three fundamental value domains inherent to the life process and its subsystems. All our efforts, down the ages, have been recapitulations of this pattern in myriad competing forms, across different horizontal and increasingly co-existing vertical states of complexity.

There are many hundreds of triads of words pointing to these domains - two of the simplest are context-concept-concrete , and love-logic-labour .

This protocol can be heuristically represented by three universal symbolic attential injunctions which can be applied fractally at all scales, from the intrapersonal to the planetary.

These injunctions together form an algorithm which is also distillation of many known principles of benevolent human well-being and interaction, and comprise the roots of many familiar methodologies in use today, from the scientific method, to coaching, to software development, to philosophy, to humanistic psychology, to team-building.

Konnekting is the name for this reductionist process which automatically activates prosocial systems in people. By individually and collectively training our attention directly and deliberately across these three domains, and building a planetary cultural habit of konnekting as the primary human activity, we may collaborate more effectively towards shared embodied and enacted “ends values” such as joyful regenerative ecological living, and minimise or eliminate the entropy and suffering otherwise generated by worldview-driven competition over arbitrary ego-involving “means values”.

The game is to induce leaders and their tribes to join us and explicitly konnekt across silos, communities, knowledge domains, organisations, and borders, putting mind and body in the service of shared rational and ethical life-sustaining purposes, through collective embodied attentional engagement with heart, head, and hands.

2 Likes