My Story – by Isabelle

Our events are free of charge. Instead, we ask each participant some questions for you to answer in advance which help our team to do three things:

1. Enable our community managers to connect people who ought to meet at the event.
  2. Customise each event so that it is especially relevant and generative to each participant.
  3. Process documentation from the event to produce a research report which turns individual conversation into collective insight.

Please mention the name / topic of the event you want to participate in, and the city or town where it is happening.
Hackathon for Ethical Solutions to Unethical Problems - Berlin

(Q1/3) What makes life good for you?
I’m a happy student in futures studies at FU Berlin as a second master and also a happy freelance cultural manager who writes reports and evaluations in the performing arts.

(Q2/3) Tell us about your journey!
I work on our perceptions and attitudes towards the future, now more in relation to climate change. I like to think that getting to understand and use the different paradigms and narratives about the future is empowering, especially when we get rid of a target-oriented, deterministic future and adopt instead a paradigm which honors the disposition and capacity of natural systems for change, for unpredictability and creativity.

(Q3/3) What interests you about the event topic?
I had been researching a bit on digitalisation and big data before I decided to focus on climate change, so I have an interest and a lot of curiosity for the topic and for the format as well. I know also a few people who are going and with whom I’m looking forward to exchanging, as well as with everyone!

2 Likes

Great to have you here @Isabelle! Your happy future studies and happy culture motivation sounds amazing! We would love to hear more about you climate change data project! Looking forward to seeing what you are developing!

Ping @BlackForestBoi

Hello @Isabelle,

the time plan fo the Hackathon has been changed:

YOU CAN COME ALONE OR WITH YOUR TEAM

AGENDA

SATURDAY
�8.30 – we open door�s

9.00 – we close doors
we gather for a small breakfast at 8.30 am and we start sharp at 9am

9.00—14 Deep Work
we’ll spend the morning of Saturday trying to step back from the problem-solving mind and seeing the full picture

14—15 Lunch break

15.30 Check-in getting back from lunch
In the afternoon we’ll dig into deep sharing and mixing of models, projects and approaches

16—17.45 First Round of Working Tables

17.45 tea break / stretch

18—19.30 Second Round of Working Tables

19.30 Break and Eating together

20 Cacao Cerimony and Celebration
We’ll celebrate in the night with an in-house party with cacao and nice vibes :slight_smile:

~ SUNDAY ~
– we start at 11am harvesting the learnings from the previous day and continuing refining our experiments and helping each others to document and produce them. We’ll have a moment to gather feedback from other people and then hacking on projects and incorporating feedback. We’ll go on untill 17.30/18

Dinner on Sat night included!