My Story – by Rulassie

Our events are free of charge. Instead, we ask each participant some questions for you to answer in advance which help our team to do three things:

1. Enable our community managers to connect people who ought to meet at the event.
  2. Customise each event so that it is especially relevant and generative to each participant.
  3. Process documentation from the event to produce a research report which turns individual conversation into collective insight.

Please mention the name / topic of the event you want to participate in, and the city or town where it is happening.

Workshop on Inequalities in the age of AI

(Q1/3) What makes life good for you? Work, hobbies, family life, leisure, pleasure… Which activities from your present life would you like to keep doing? Which things would you like to never do again? Which would you want to start doing/do more of?

Filmmaking, photography, yoga, coffee, aviation, philosophy, brunches, travel, …

(Q2/3) Tell us about your journey! What is an a question or desire that drives you or your work? How did you get started and what hurdles have you met along the way? Which doubts do you have about the work you are doing and the path forward? What kind of support would you like to offer others traveling a similar path?

Truth seeking and a sense of justice. One day I’d be optimistic and hopeful about the future, and the next it might be all doom and gloom. The constant pendulum of utopia versus dystopia can sometimes be exhausting.

(Q3/3) What interests you about the event topic? Great, now that you’ve made it easier for us to introduce you to the others – start to think about the topic and purpose of the event itself. Why do you want to participate in it? How do you feel the topic touches your work or life at the moment / in the future?

Given my own social background, I think I’m not familiar enough with the threats that increased inequalities can present to a society. I’d like to see how the field of data governance can be linked to the topic so as to better represent it in the future.

1 Like

Welcome Rulassie. And you are so right about the pendulum. I think ultimately this is true for all of us here, nevertheless we try to move forward here, with each other. Glad you are with us.

1 Like