My Story – by Welf

Please mention the name / topic of the event you want to participate in, and the city or town where it is happening.

Edgeryders Hackathon Berlin

Work, hobbies, family life, leisure, pleasure… Which activities from your present life would you like to keep doing? Which things would you like to never do again? Which would you want to start doing/do more of?

Keep asking on some of the most meaningful and ambitious questions i’ve found, in a community of wise, vulnerable, playful people.
Never again get sucked into a YouTube bingewatch.
Start doing more playful things that give me genuine fun and joy.

What is an a question or desire that drives you or your work? How did you get started and what hurdles have you met along the way? Which doubts do you have about the work you are doing and the path forward? What kind of support would you like to offer others traveling a similar path?

By sharing your story below you enable others to connect you with people, conversations, opportunities relevant to your personal and professional development:

How can I align my behavior with my highest values and goals? How can we create social spaces that align our collective behavior with our highest values and goals?

Got started with personal development, discovered social networks as a strong driver of human behavior and started researching that.

Hurdles: communicating a complex issue, finding technical collaborators, testing something that can only really be tested as an actual product without building the product.

Doubts about the way forward: funding for early stage conceptualization and research, finding technical cofounders

Great, now that you’ve made it easier for us to introduce you to the others – start to think about the topic and purpose of the event itself. Why do you want to participate in it? How do you feel the topic touches your work or life at the moment / in the future?

Looking forward to connect and collaborate with likeminded people, playfully. I work on bringing ethical solutions to the unethical industry of social networks. I feel like this is my calling, my life’s work, and one of the most meaningful things I could do.

name: Welf

1 Like

Welcome Welf. Looks like you have a project or project idea in mind…?

Ping @BlackForestBoi

Hello @welf_21,

the time plan for the Hackathon has been updated:

YOU CAN COME ALONE OR WITH YOUR TEAM

AGENDA

SATURDAY
�8.30 – we open door�s

9.00 – we close doors
we gather for a small breakfast at 8.30 am and we start sharp at 9am

9.00—14 Deep Work
we’ll spend the morning of Saturday trying to step back from the problem-solving mind and seeing the full picture

14—15 Lunch break

15.30 Check-in getting back from lunch
In the afternoon we’ll dig into deep sharing and mixing of models, projects and approaches

16—17.45 First Round of Working Tables

17.45 tea break / stretch

18—19.30 Second Round of Working Tables

19.30 Break and Eating together

20 Cacao Cerimony and Celebration
We’ll celebrate in the night with an in-house party with cacao and nice vibes :slight_smile:

~ SUNDAY ~
– we start at 11am harvesting the learnings from the previous day and continuing refining our experiments and helping each others to document and produce them. We’ll have a moment to gather feedback from other people and then hacking on projects and incorporating feedback. We’ll go on untill 17.30/18