Next phase of Treasure ethnographic research

Assuming @Ivan gets the ok for the moved deadline (which sounds like it won’t be a problem), one week into March is all right! Then we can make the deadline March 7th.

Dear all,
I can’t attend the meeting today but will be present in 2 weeks!
Have a great Friday,
Sirin

2 Likes

Today @bojanbobic and I discussed the continuation of the outreach and engagement campaign and how to contribute to dissemination in Treasure.
Bojan will post the detailed notes afterwards.

@pykoe have you managed to prepare a guide to Graphryder as we discussed? It should be ready by next Friday because we need to show it on the Consortium meeting in Lugano a couple of days later and I need some time to include it in my prez.
@Nica - some more car recycling related details in the Graphryder manual for Treasure are welcome. Do you feel the other chapters (from 1-4) are good as they are?
@owen - did you connect with @pykoe on JSON for the Treasure website? Is it possible to have it embedded by Friday (it would be useful to have it ready before the Consortium meeting too).
@inge - let’s connect next week about texts and illustrations

Also, happy New Year all and get well soon those of you who are sick!

4 Likes

@ivan I will go through the chapters again tomorrow to be sure and see if there are any other places for small user-friendly individualizations/tailoring to Treasure.

Hello all, Happy new year, all the best.
I was quite sick during the end year. I fill better :slight_smile:
I’ve started the refactoring of the manual. I should have a version this Wednesday if it fit for you @ivan

1 Like

Hi everyone! I was also under the weather, now hopefully getting better. Wish you all happy New Year.
During the meeting with Ivan I presented the following regarding the outreach and engagement activities:

Linkedin campaign (promoted links)

I was running two campaigns to promote Open call and to boost Economies of scale post

Results are following:
Open call for Engaging Stories

• Impressions 22,346
  • Engagements 126
  • Engagement rate 7.46%
  • Clicks 120
  • Click-through rate 2.96%
  • Reactions 6
  • Comments 0
  • Reposts 5

Economies of Scale

• Impressions 18,579
  • Engagements 183
  • Engagement rate 8.16%
  • Clicks 172
  • Click-through rate 3.31%
  • Reactions 14
  • Comments 4
  • Reposts 6

Linkedin sales navigator campaign

I am adding targeted audience as connections and sending them a short message to start a conversation and invite them to join our discussions. So far around 40 people showed interested in the project and I shared the link of our landing page. Around 320 people were contacted

This week I changed targeted audience and looking forward to the same response rate.
I will recontact people with whom I already established a connection.

Reddit & Twitter

Tried to do some outreach and engagement activities there, but the efficiency is very low and engagement almost non existent. Therefore, the focus will be on LinkedIN

Open Call

Spread the news around Edgeryders community, private contacts and Linkedin community. So far, there are 2-3 potential writers from Edgeryders community, 2 people from LinkedIN and 1-2 from my private network.

This week I will check on everyone and motivate them to participate in the call.

Other

Ivan and I discussed a possibility to organize AMA at the end of February and/or March. I am checking on the potential speakers from the LinkedIN campaign connections. Will inform you about it

Next steps

• set another LinkedIN promoted campaign
  • continue contacting targeted audience to join the discussions
  • Promote Open Call for stories on Linkedin and in Linkedin groups
1 Like

Happy new year everyone! Also battling with a bit of a cold here.

I will try my best to implement this before next week.

Hello everyone, and happy mid-week,
I have been experiencing some issues with the Edgeryders website. When I wanted to work on the codes (editing, merging codes. etc.), the website stopped being processed, and it didn’t work. At first, I thought there was just an internet or WIFI issue, but it still happens. @owen, could you help or assist me with whom I shall contact for this matter?
Many thanks!

Not sure if Owen is online. If I am not wrong, I think it is best to check with @matthias or @daniel

@bojanbobic, many thanks, Bojan, that is great! I will check with them then!

Hello @siri, was a error message displayed? If so, please post it here. Are you able to reproduce the error? As soon as we can reproduce it I can fix it.

Sounds off, if you mean the forum or graphryder best check with @Daniel / @matthias !

Hi @daniel,
the following error message is displayed:

Thanks, I’m able to reproduce the error. Should be fixed tomorrow. I’ll post here when done.

1 Like

Turns out it’s several bugs introduced by the recent Discourse upgrade we performed. I will have to update dependencies of the annotator component to fix them.
Merging codes already works again, but editing codes is still broken. I also disabled the “Translate” view until it’s fixed (which also edits codes).
The currently broken “Edit code” feature allows to (1) move codes into a different parent code (2) change the code name(s) and (3) change the code description.
(1) is still possible by using the “Move to code” feature in the list of codes. (2) and (3) are currently broken.
I’ll fix it asap. but will at least take several days.

@Ivan This is now done - I’ve embedded @pykoe’s widget onto the about page, as well as using it as a background on the homepage. If you need to change the caption or its placement, just let me know.

Note - it is not interactive, like the Graphryder page, which is why the Graphryder link is in the caption. The code I used is a D3 visualization of the JSON nodes, the same functionality provided by @pykoe’s code

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Post-server migration fixes in the webkit

@siri it seems that @daniel actually explained the issue with what you and I were discussing in the code master thread regarding editing – apparently the function is broken right now but should be fixed soon. Go ahead and keep coding and @daniel could you please let @siri and I know when the “edit code” function is fixed so we can streamline some codes in the corpus?

thanks!

Hi @siri ,
editing and merging codes is now fixed (as well as pagination of annotations and editing user preferences).

2 Likes

hi @daniel, great, many thanks!