Next public presentation - 8 November 2023

Hi @reeflings !

Our next public presentation to connect with potential new members will take place in 4 weeks.

As always, there is a document (https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/63366) that lists all of the tasks that need doing before, during and after the presentation. Some people have already put themselves down for certain tasks, and it would be appreciated if a few more people could do the same. In the column regarding who is doing a particular task, if the name is in parentheses, that is the person who did it last time. So if you are that person and would like to do the task again, just remove the parentheses. Or remove that name and add your own if you are someone different :slight_smile:

It would be great if as many Reeflings as possible could be there on the evening of the presentation, regardless of whether you are responsible for a task or not. We have discovered during the last couple of presentations that the vibe is much better, particularly for the post-presentation drinks and questions, when there are more of us involved.

For now, the main tasks to do are in the first box (Getting started: room & PR) of the document mentioned above, and from next week, the main tasks will be in the second box (Registration of participants).

A few things to flag up:

The room at Brutopia has been booked. @alberto - can I assume that you will be sent the invoice for that directly?

Regarding the registration form: @Lee - do we use the existing one, changing the details at the top and deleting previous responses?

@manuelpueyo - can you please create the event on Facebook. Also, will people who registered for previous presentations but didnā€™t attend become aware of this one when we update the website, or do we need to do something special to reach out to them?

@Dave_behave - could @reef-logistics take over the responsibility for stocking the bar? This involves buying (or getting someone to buy) about 3 bottles of assorted juice, 12 bottles of a quality beer and 12 or 24 Jupiters (depending on how many people we are expecting). Some of this can be done at the beginning of the evening, but itā€™s better if the juice has been bought and chilled in advance, so they can be nice bio ones. Last time, @anon78992831 provided the quality beers, and may be happy to do the same this time. Finally, we need to establish that the money weā€™re charging is actually meeting the costs of buying the drinks.

@Janet - do we have enough flyers printed from the last one, and does anything need to change regarding the different date?

All @reeflings - can you please help by posting about the event on your various social media networks, and also by distributing flyers?

Thanks!
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

We have received the invoice, and I forwarded it to Alberto. @alberto can you please confirm you paid?

We have always created a new one, but I guess it is possible to use the same one. I guess we did it because we have been victim of a couple of bot attacks, and so getting a fresh link is not a bad thing in that regard.

Three attention points:

• We said that we were going to introduce a ā€œname(s)ā€ field. This is something that still needs to be done. Creating a new survey in this case has the benefit that the fields in the Excel are in the right place.

• There is a button somewhere (I always need to search for it) that says ā€œaccept repliesā€ (or something like that). When you copy the survey to create a new one, itā€™s on ā€œoffā€ by default, so itā€™s something that needs to be turned on.

• The URL to the survey is the first building block for a presentation, because you need to include it on the web page, on the Facebook invite and on the Samenhuizen and co websites.

I donā€™t know whether this is in the manual (I thought yes), but there is a manual operation to be performed after every presentation. What I used to do is select all the email addresses of the people who said ā€œyesā€ to the question about being informed, and pass them on to Manuel for the mailing list. But I havenā€™t done this for a while, so itā€™s possible that we have a couple of sets that need to be added. @manuelpueyo will know more about the state-of-play.

I have a box full of flyers (so definitely enough possibly until the end of the year). I will bring it on Sunday, as I would like somebody else to keep it and distribute the flyers among the Reeflings.

3 Likes

Confirmed.

3 Likes

Just a little update: I created a new registration form that can be found under the section ā€˜Join usā€™ on the website. It is important not to share the specific URL of the registration form on social media (bots!). @manuelpueyo will also create the event on FB so spread the word :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Facebook event created :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

people who register to previous presentations join our newsletter list so they will get upcoming events via email

1 Like

only one upload is missing the one from 13 sept. could someone send me the list of attendees?

1 Like

@alberto, can you please check with Mieke and Chris whether you can find a way for us to use your beamer while you are away?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure we can make it work! I could even give it to @ChrisM or @mieke the next time we meet.

2 Likes

I have a beamer too but to be honest I am not sure how to ā€˜transportā€™ it safely on my bike

I donā€™t know what Iā€™ve done with the list of attendees from 13 September, but the easiest thing to do is check the email I sent out on the 14th, which has the addresses of everyone who was there :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Lee, @alberto and @mieke - One of the things Iā€™m hoping to do next week is buy a beamer for the Reef, as per Lieā€™s request. So for the moment, letā€™s assume we have thatā€¦ :slight_smile:

You can always access the lists via Google Docs, it should show up at the starting page when you open Forms. I sent a copy to Manuel, because we need to filter out those who didnā€™t consent to having their address added to your mailing list.

2 Likes

Hi @ChrisM , canā€™t be there this time (still at work). Aline will bring 12 organic beers from La Brasserie de la Senne if ok for you ?

Thanks @anon78992831 ! And @Aline_Jeandenans :slight_smile:

Tagging @Dave_behave, who is organising the bar this timeā€¦

1 Like

Hi @reeflings !

Itā€™s that time again, when we gear up for another public presentation (next Wednesday). As always, itā€™s great to have as many of us there as possible, to share the tasks and create a nice vibe for the question and answer session afterwards.

Currently, we have @Lee there (presenting), as well as myself and @mieke (organising).

Also confirmed are @Dave_behave (setting up the bar), @Aline_Jeandenans (bring the good beers and helping at the end) and @Angelika (helping at the end).

@ugne and @manuelpueyo - will either of you be there, to bring the bar kitty, and perhaps do the welcoming at the door?

Anyone else keen to be involved? .

The sign up sheet for tasks is here: https://c301.nl.tabdigital.eu/f/63366

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

@ChrisM I could help with the promotion on Instagram as part of the comms Team with Manuel not sure if I can attend. by the way @manuelpueyo did you check in previous surveys the 3 most frequent ways people found out about The Reef? So I can focus on those in the coming week

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be there - happy to help at the bar or wherever needed (wonā€™t make it before 7pm though).

3 Likes

Weā€™ve got a few people setting up, so no problem to even come at 8ish, if youā€™re pressed for time, and be part of the post presentation shiftā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Dave_behave @Aline_Jeandenans Just to let you know that 32 registrations where made so far for 46 persons. I thought this number might be useful for the bar :wink: I donā€™t know when you would go shopping but I could give you the most recent numbers next week?

4 Likes