Three teams of fellows get 20k Euros each to implement their solution, test and report back after engagement through step by step process which helps all applicants (not just winners) to move their projects forward. In addition to access to the fellowship program.
All fellows get
- [coming soon]
- [coming soon]
- [coming soon]
- May 2017: First edition of the OP3N Fellowship program completed!
- June 2017: Winners of 20,000 Euro prize announced!
- September 2017: Award ceremony, exhibition and networking meetings with funders/investors at Caring On The Edge!
Want to support/partner with/ invest in the fellowship program? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore how you can get involved.
NB: NO PROJECTS TO DO WITH PREVENTION!!!
- CLEAR DESCRIPTION OF AN EXISTING, LOCATION-SPECIFIC CONTEXT AND PROBLEM POINTS. Ie. COMPLETED INDIVIDUAL STORY CHALLENGE.
- CLEAR DESCRIPTION OF RELEVANT WORK OTHERS ARE DOING ELSEWHWERE.i.e COMPLETED RESEARCH CHALLENGE..
- REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING AND APPROVED MINIMUM VIABLE OUTCOME GOALS
- FEASIBILITY/VIABILITY OF HOW THEY ENVISION THE SOLUTION. I.e. COMPLETED FRAME YOUR CHALLENGE
- FULL TEAMS AROUND THE PROPOSALS. COMPLETED FIND YOUR TEAM CHALLENGE.
- REALISTIC IMPLEMENTATION PLANS
- CO-DESIGNED SELF EVALUATION REPORT (PROCESS AND METRICS)
The Process: 3 cycles x 3 months each, 1 winner per cycle
- We launch announcement and call. Press release + 3 week intensive social media drive + Weekly reminder of open call.
- Applicants tell us about their work and the context within which they are doing it here. They also let us they are aware of relevant work others are doing here. If they want to collaborate around the tasks they can find people to work with here.
- Applicants participate in round of feedback and questions in comments to their submissions. Based on the submissions + conversations in comments + complimentary skills/knowledge, we cluster people around problems to be solved
- We then schedule one-on-one calls/conversations with applicants. Objective: to identify what kind of support they need and what kind of support we can offer (constructing our support system around each project).
- The Op3nCare team do a fast review (5 working days) and deliver thoughtful feedback for each proposal.
- Teams shortlisted for the fellowship program are given assignments which act as a step by step process for them to fullfill the eligibility criteria with tight deadlines, clear teammates and contacts relevant for each task.
- Negotiation of times for implementation with fellowship teams.
- Teams who complete all tasks are assessed for 20000 Euro prize
Dates and deadlines
The process of selecting the three winners happens in three cycle, one winner is selected per cycle. Each cycle takes 6 months to complete and there is an overlap of two
- Cycle 1: Applications open 1/5 /2016 - Applications Close /2016 - Interviews /2016 - Fellows announced / 2016 - Winner announced 1/7/2017
- Cycle 2: Applications open 1/8/2016 - Applications Close / 2016 - Interviews /2016 - Fellows announced /2016 - Winner announced 1/7/2017
- Cycle 3: Applications open - Applications Close - Interviews - Fellows announced - Winner announced 1/7/2017