TREASURE is a Horizon 2020 project aiming to support the transition of the automotive sector towards Circular Economy (CE) by filling in the existing information gap among automotive actors, both at design and EoL stage.
The project is lead by Politecnico di Milano and sees the participation of 15 organisations from 6 countries.
Within the project Edgeryders lead the WP2 on Circularity & sustainability assessment methods integration & application.
We are looking for a native (or equiparable level) German speaking ethnographer who will work with us on collecting and coding the research material in German during the following months (6-18).
We think the position suits well graduate students in anthropology, sociology or design with knowledge of ethnographic methods with interest in cars and/or circular economy, who might re-use the work for a thesis or papers (everything is open access), but we will consider any applicant. Candidates from any gender, nationality, culture or walk of life are welcome.
- Familiar with the theory and practice of ethnography
- Comfortable with ethnography online
- Native (or C2) German language
- Working knowledge of English. French and Italian an advantage
- Build an ontology of relevant codes, appropriate to ethnographic coding of the online conversation.
- Do the actual coding, using a tool we built in-house called Open Ethnographer. We estimate about 400 posts (mostly short)
- Compile a short ethnographic report
Work online, from wherever you are. If you happen to be in Brussels, you can also come to our office, but that’s not a requisite. Coordinate through the Edgeryders platform. You may be required to attend a physical meeting. In that case, we will cover your travel expenses
A senior researcher will train you to use our in-house software for online ethnography, Open Ethnographer.
Depends on the candidate’s home base and seniority.
Write to email@example.com. Include:
- A short motivation letter, explaining in the email why you would like to work on this and why do you think you are the right candidate.
- A CV (short ones are appreciated).
Questions? Leave us a comment below.