Project Reference: NGI FORWARD 825652
- What is the purpose of this research/initiative?
Exploring the challenges, experiences and solutions for childcare for remote working and freelancing parents and which role technology plays in these situations.
- Do I have to take part? No. You can ask questions about the study before deciding whether or not to participate. If you do agree to participate, you may withdraw yourself and the data you have provided from the study at any time during the event, without giving a reason and without penalty, by advising the researchers of this decision. If after the interview you choose to withdraw, please contact Maria Kling (email@example.com)
- What will happen if I take part in the research? The event takes place digitally via Zoom. It consists of an open discussion, moderated by Edgeryders staff. If you take part in the event you will be able to listen and contribute to the discussion. Edgeryders staff will take notes, and reflect of the main issues raised during the call.
- Are there any potential risks in taking part? The risks of participation are minimal and include for example involuntary data breach leading to sharing beyond the original intention. We are committed to prevent any of this. We are using a third party service as a facility for video conferencing. So, we are subject to the quirks, features and security issues that come with that software. In particular, be aware that they may record your IP, even if you connect with a pseudonym via a browser.
- Are there any benefits in taking part? There are no direct benefits to you for participating in this research study. The study may contribute to understanding the broader effects of How to recover and develop the co-working sector following the COVID crisis. As a result, it may have an indirect benefit to participants. You will also get great opportunities to connect to and network with people from this sector/interested in this topic. There will be no payment for taking part in this study.
- How is the event documented? We do record the call. We take notes and will publish one or more writeups. For this, we will adhere to Chatham House rules: we mention what people said, but not who said what in case of participants. The chat will be saved temporarily, for the purposes of completing the writeups, but not shared, and deleted as the writeups are published.
- Will the research be published? One or more writeups will appear on Coworking Recovery Event - Edgeryders. Writeups will be attributed to their authors, not the participants. That is an open forum, so participants are welcome to use it to comment, respond, or contribute their own writeups. The whole content of the public-facing forum(including the mentioned writeup, and any discussion about them) will then become the basis for at least one research report. We also hope to publish one or more journal article. If you would like to be a co-author, we are in principle open for it. Please contact Maria Kling (contact info below).
- Who is organising and funding the research? The research is organised by Edgeryders and funded by the European Union via a research project called NGI Forward .
- Who do I contact if I have a concern about the study or I wish to complain? You can contact Maria Kling Community Manager at Edgeryders via emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.