This is the brief I will send out, along with bounty.
@matthias: How much money do we have left in the budget?
Brief: Edgeryders questionnaire
We are deploying a new on boarding funnel for edgeryders.eu. Multiple overlapping communities are working on the platform to understand and solve problems. A vital part of this work is to invite new stories and perspectives, and to do so we want to create a simpler and more welcoming first contact with our communities. Our way of engaging people revolves around asking open questions relating to the subject matter we are exploring.
Our new on-boarding interface is a questionnaire where the answers get posted to edgeryders.eu, and the user would then automatically claim that content as their own when they registered on edgeryders.eu.
We are building the first version of it to be used on a tablet at the Biennale of Design in Ljubljana on November 14th. To leave some time for testing, the deadline to have the interface ready is November 1st.
Edgeryders have already built the API which creates a user on edgeryders.eu with a given email and makes a post on that users behalf. This API is described in the Edgeryders API documentation, under 3.4. Multisite account creation.
- A users email
- Responses to a number of questions from a user
- Some additional but voluntary data
It then should then:
- Compile answers to questions into a Discourse post
- Request a new account to be created with user email
- Make post with compiled answers on edgeryders.eu as new user
- Design of the app is shown here, and shows how it should look on a tablet. This design shows the actual questions that should be asked and all relevant copy.
- App should follow the flow and logic described in API documentation
- App should follow error handling recommendations and display relevant error messages when they are returned from API and advice user on how to proceed
- Once post has been submitted, app should show the account summary as described on
- App should be completely client-side and any code running server side, except for hosting.
- App must be delivered by November 1st.