Project Team Call

Call confirmed.

I’ve also texted you just in case.

1 Like

thanks Noemi,

I received it, will be online at 1pm:)

I cannot make it to the call, so I wrote you all a message :slight_smile:

This week’s working out loud post.

With love from me to you https://edgeryders.eu/spot-the-future/working-out-loud-on-spot-the-future-what-we-are-doin-1

following the discussion here :slight_smile:

If you would like me to join the calls, today or next times, let me know,

I would be happy to join you :slight_smile:

Agenda for tomorrow’s call

Hi everyone,

I’d like to propose that we take (some of) tomorrow’s call time to discuss the upcoming workshops in as much detail as possible and put together a checklist with what needs to be done and who is doing it: participants list, presentations, email invitation, contact person etc Some of it is already in the Workshop Pack wiki here on Edgeryders, but let’s make sure we’re not missing out on anything…

Can I ask that we each give this a thought and list everything we need before the call? I’ve shared this document with the project team, if you need access let me know. See you tomorrow!

@paulienmelis you mentioned some time ago that you could share a workshop format that you guys are trying out… Would you mind uploading it in the shared drive so we can compare notes? Perhaps there are useful tips we can use to make the most out of the events next week… thanks!

Workshops: ok

So I’ve just posted this blogpost calling for participation. I think the workshop should consist of two parts.

1. A presentation where participants can learn about some of the things their peers are working on in other parts of the world, how spot the future works, and concrete calls to action for how they can get involved in making it awsome if they have 3 minutes,10 minutes or a couple of hours to spare.
    • Preparation required: 
      1. A landing page with instructions and the means to act on the call immediately, from that url. As well as a FB/twitter/print flyer that contains same information for them to take with them from the workshop and share with others.
      2. Slides presenting 3 cool Edgeryders initiatives and a viualisation of how \#futurespotters works.
      3. Prepare the documentation format and a form to sign up people for different things
  2. A show and tell where people present their own work, and learn about some of the things their peers are working on in other parts of the world.
    • Preparation required:
      1. If @Sam Muirhead and @Ahmed M Rabie put their heads together and agree on a nice format, what they need in terms of equipment, time etc. as well as where to post video documentation today.
      2. Prepare instructions for participants and send it to them in the next day or so. We should not forget to ask them to rbing cameras, laptops and use \#futurespotters
      3. Get a hold of the materials and equipment needed
      4. Prepare the landing page for people to post, share and remix video, image and text materials for Spot The Future. NB: interaction needs to always drive participation here on the platform.
        • A creative concept to drive this. 
        • Tools that can be embedded here on the Edgeryders platform (I haven't checked out popcorn or linklib.org, but they look promising)
        • A page on Edgeryders.eu platform where it all comes together. Like a less workintensive version of weneedtotalk.
        • Routine for uploading content into one account (vimeo and youtube)

See you in 2 hours?

I’m looking forward to our call later today, hope to see you all for:

1. a short debriefing session on what we each got out of the workshops and which of the ideas have big potential to move forward

2. discussing steps ahead: here is my take on what we all need to be doing in the upcoming weeks, what’s yours?

3. setting the date for the final Tbilisi event and assembling a small team to start working on that!!

Planning for Tbilisi final event

Hey everyone, in a couple of days we want to set the date for the final futurespotters event in Tbilisi, after mid June:

Please vote your preferred dates here in this dudle Sam set up. Thanks!

Also ping @Ahmed M Rabie @gazbee sorour @Nadia @ArthurD @Matthias …

All of us?

I don’t think that I am supposed to go to Tbilisi as I’m “only the tech guy” in this project (… or has this been budgeted for?)

no question about it

Surely you’re most welcome to come, I remember to have considered all the team when budgeting.

[t.b.c.] Official event 25/6-26/6 followed by 2 day Barcamp

Ahead of tomorrows call I would like to try to get the following things done. Who can help with what? Ping @Inge @Vahagn @Hazem @Ahmed M Rabie

1. Prepare the June event volunteer dashboard, event page on edgeryders.eu and event invitation text,
  2. Write a follow up blogpost *with some of this post recycked in it* and email a link to it within the next 24 hours. This time it's not just to the participants in Egypt, but to everyone. 
  3. Prepare twitterstorm instructions based on Ben's post and link to past successes. Engage workshop participants to join in.

can we make it this week at 12 :00

hey guys !! I have a request … is it ok if we start the call this week at 12:00 instead of 1:00 ???

No sorry we always stick to the same time to avoid confusion

We all have too many things to juggle. Having a steady time makes it much easier to plan and remember…

ok … but I might not be able to continue till the end  :(…

the problem I have a lecture at that time and I didn’t attend the last ones … but I have to show up from time to time .

ok if you coordinate another time that works for everyone

you will need to raise the issue in the call when everyone is there so we agree on a new time.

Ahead of our call tomorrow April 30

Hi Guys I want to ask you three things today ahead of the call tomorrow

1. Update the documentation wiki with links to the posts from the sessions and handles of people who were in those sessions. If you see something is missing please add it.

2. Update the social media calendar for the week with the most interesting content

3. Propose a number of burning questions to build session proposals around for the big event in June.*Later we will go in and add tags each post in that wiki with keywords (so its searchable and more easily navigable)

Tomorrow we will finalise the date for the event as well as preparing next weeks twitterstorm.

Ahead of our call May 7th

Hi everyone,

I wanted to draw your attention to the ongoing twitterstorm preparations and the writeups we have so far which could serve as a basis for invitations going out this week to community members and influencers - journalists, organisations, twitter contacts with high traction, both in the Edgeryders and UNDP networks.

1. Save the Date: Futurespotters International event, June 25-28

1. Twitterstorm: why, what and how we are doing it (have included the UNDP logo and twitter accounts)

2. Twitterstorm Press release (can be modified based on your organisation’s needs)

@Khatuna, @Lurglomond, @gazbee sorour, @saidhamideh: all clear on your fronts? Do you need help?

Twitterstorm

Hi everybody, sorry missed the weekly call…

I shared the twitterstorm info on our social networks and will keep doing it before the actual storm. PDF is not particularly good for sharing, so I just cut the essential pieces.

Is there a synopsis of yesterday’s call so that we catch up, I understand Vahagn wasn’t on the call either? And Lurglomond is offline, he’s just married!!! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Hi Marina, I figured with George was not there, so no problem :slight_smile:

Here is the summary, but essentially building on the twitterstorm communications and briefing ppl manning the twitter accounts. The press release works best if circulated on mailing list and inter-organisationally. The latest we’ve got is:

Very helpful!!

Many thanks @Noemi