Public presentation: Thursday 20 April

@reeflings, if you would be on Facebook, could you please share our event on your timeline?

5 Likes

Done from me. Also Twitter (but these days I don’t have any grip on Twitter) and Mastodon. Will do several more rounds of this.

2 Likes

Do you want me to share it also in groups such as Expats in BXL and local groups?

As much as you can. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I’d be happy to help out on the evening of the event!

2 Likes

@ClaudiaPr @alberto @manuelpueyo and @ChrisM: thanks a lot for wanting to help out for the presentation.

The manual is saved in the folder of Team Recruitment and Onboarding (internal link)

Here’s a couple of questions:

• @ChrisM: would you be willing to coordinate the stuff that is listed under “logistics on the day: before we get started”?

• @manuelpueyo: can you please bring the money box?

• @alberto and @ChrisM and/or @Sophie_Beese (?): can you please conspire and come up with a system that allows people to book the one-on-ones? (see separate post: Presentation follow-up)

• @alberto and @ChrisM, can you please have a look at the modified slides on the membership process (link received by email)?

Sure!

@Alberto - are you ok to pick up the key? And I can help you carry the screen, beamer and cables if you tell me what time to meet you at your place…

@Lee - does someone have to do a beer and juice run from the supermarket nearby just before? Happy to do that myself if needed… just need to know what time to be available for that. Looks like we need a 24-box of Jupiters and a few bottles of juice. Shall I print a price list?

I’m happy to either meet people at the door or do bar duty. I imagine that @alberto will need to be on IT set up, so can @Sophie_Beese or @manuelpueyo volunteer for the other one of those jobs… free choice :slight_smile: And that will leave the third person to do the fries run at 18h45…

1 Like

I’m out of town from tomorrow until Sunday - just doing admin from a distance, sorry.

@ChrisM: we have enough beers from the previous session (at Alberto’s), so we only need two bottles of juice.

A printed price list would be super nice to have (so far we went with pen and paper).

I’ve responded on this post

I’ll pick up some bottles of juice then, and help @alberto bring the beers with the other kit from his place…

So as Sophie isn’t there, @manuelpueyo if you can do welcoming at the door, I’ll do the fries run and then move to bar duty when I get back from that…

1 Like

I am happy to do either the welcome at the door or the welcome at the bar! Just let me know what’s needed.

1 Like

On slide 26, the green bar at the bottom is blocking some of the text in the boxes. And I’m not sure if the dates are clear enough under the blue arrows. I would suggest that: under arrow 1, it says ‘In the next 3 weeks’; under arrow 2, it says ‘by 17/5’; and under arrow 3, it says by 17/8’ (so 3 months, not 4).

Also, I think it’s worth highlighting in the presentation that we’ve changed this recently, because we’re entering the business end of the project.

Slide 27 looks fine :slight_smile:

My reasoning for 17/05 was that 3 weeks (11/05) seems like a mission impossible.

My reasoning for 17/09 is that the summer break will prevent us from getting to know the newlings, idem for getting together should we receive a membership request.

What do you think?

All good for me! The green bar is still a bit high…

I lowered it now (it’s Google thingy).

1 Like

count on me, i will be there to help

2 Likes

Thanks guys!
How did it go??

The presentation was fine. I think we had 26 registrations, @manuelpueyo will have the list of those who atually showed up.

A small disappointment (ping @reef-recruitment): I returned the key today and was told that we had failed to re-arrange the room as it was before the meeting, and to clean it. This is particularly bad as people using that room tend to be elderly and cannot very well move heavy tables around. So I got scolded.

I myself arrived a bit late, and the room had already been arranged. At the end, we did dismantle our “lecture theater” configuration to put things back in order, but no one had taken a photo of the room how it was before we arrived, so we obviously got it wrong. And I admit I did not think of checking the floor and kitchen for cleanliness. Bad. :frowning:

Not taking a picture before we started reshuffling is on me. I added a line on this in the manual (internal link).

I also regret not having checked the kitchen.

What I take from this is that the next time we do this I would like it if we would find a “coordinator” for every cluster of tasks that is in the manual, so that we are sure that nothing gets forgotten (money box, registration list etc).

All in all I cound 12 households and 14 people present.