Reeflings weekend 25-26/03

Hello @reeflings,

On Sunday the 26th of March we have planned a “reflection day”, which was orginally conceived as a day where we could take some more time to take some important discussions, and also take the decision to go forward and to start looking for a site.

Now the idea has been raised to convert it into a weekend, and to gather on Saturday the 25th to do some group building discussions (values, aspirations, …) and also just some plain fun stuff. Depending on preferences we could probably rent some holiday home with several rooms somewhere in Wallonia.

If we want also do something on the 25th, we’re a bit pressed for time to get it organised, so I’m launching a survey to see what everybody’s availability and preferences are.

Can you please fill in the survey below ASAP?

• I will be there on Saturday 25 March
  • I can’t make it on the 25th
  • I will be there on Sunday 26 March
  • I can’t make it on the 26th
  • I would like to sleep over, but preferably in a bedroom for my household alone
  • I would like to sleep over, and I’m happy to share a room with others
  • I / we will sleep at home

0 voters

2 Likes

I’m afraid I’m in Lisbon that weekend for a baseball tournament. I very much wanted to be there for the Reef reflection day/weekend, I’m really sorry that I won’t be able to get to hang out with y’all :disappointed:

3 Likes

I feel obligated to mention that I am happy to sleep in a shared room, but I’m not sure others will be too. I’ve been told I snore and though Jolan usually says it’s ‘minimal’ and ‘soothing’, I’ve heard otherwise from colleagues and other partners. And somehow I managed to chase even Jolan away to a different bedroom last night, sooo I’d say put me with team earplugs and not team light sleeper if it’s shared :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

I also “apparently” am prone to snoring, although I’ve never heard it, so could be fake news :wink:

In common with Nic, will take a room if there are a few to go round, for that sake of community well-being (which is my phrase of the month!). Happy to share, though, if that’s needed, and reiterate the advisability of kitting up with earplugs… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello @reeflings,

Just a small clarification: this weekend is going to be an important moment, so it would be really great if you could be there.

We don’t have an agenda yet, but it’s probably going to break down into doing some talks and brainstorms about values and how we picture our community on Saturday, and then on Sunday we’ll do a mega plenary, covering topics like the legal structure and other things that require a bit more time.

Can you please fill in the poll by Monday 13/02 COB?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Sorry, I think I got the vote wrong - I’ll be there both days. Also happy to share a room with a few (quiet ;)) people if that helps with the organisation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, seems like I messed up my voting. I for sure selected “will be there on saturday” + sleepover. I must’ve thought the sleepover implied I would also be there for sunday, because it doesn’t look like I actually voted for sunday in the poll. Woops.

To be clear: I will be there for the entire weekend, including sleepover.

2 Likes

Do we have an idea about the timing of this, ie will it be two full days or half days? If it’s two full days, I may need to go home in between to take care of my cat.

we are interested in joining for the full weekend but we would go with Ada. and since she is so little we will put the priority attention on her and spend time in the common activities on the moments we are free. Let me know if you need some help with logistics

5 Likes

@ClaudiaPr, we don’t know yet, but I would assume it’s going to be from Saturday noon until Sunday late afternoon.

1 Like

@reef-logistics, could you please have a look at the results of the survey and see whether you can find a suitable place? I did a quick search for Namur, 20 adults, 5 rooms, and it seemed quite feasible from what I could see.

Let me know if you need more info or help?

We are on it.

3 Likes

Hi Dave, hi all, after having seen Manuel’s message above, Nele and I started to re-consider and would like to join for the entire weekend (sleeping there too) if still possible.
We would need a room for the three of us, and, similarly to Manuel and Ugne, we will have to see how to best participate and split our time between taking care of Zohra and being with the group. Would this be doable?

1 Like

@JeremyH, @Nele, @manuelpueyo, @ugne, @leonard, @BarbaraG (did I forget anyone with kids?): just throwing it out there that you could totally approach me if at any point during the weekend it would be nice to have some help with the kids in terms of keeping an eye on them, keeping them busy, or whatever. Especially if that would make coming for the weekend easier on you. I’m not assuming the kids or yourselves would be comfortable with this (as I’m a stranger to them and in many ways also still to you), but I figured no harm in offering. I’m very comfortable babysitting and it would totally not be a bother to me. I’ve gotten some practice in with my 7 & 4 yo nieces (and they can be pretty feisty) :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you, that is really nice of you!!
And a definite yes to you and Alicia becoming friends :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot! That is a very nice offer! Happy to have more hands to help/play with Zohra!

3 Likes

Very good idea @Nic !
I am also happy to join in for babysitting anytime!

4 Likes

@Lee I missed the poll, but I will be there both days

1 Like