OpenEthnographer is making obvious progress, as per the feed coming from this group. Also, thanks to LOTE4, we have plenty of material for our tests. And yet, we are running late on the testing itself! Let me go through the deliverables, milestones and tasks.
- Task 1: development. We write the code for features 1, 2 and 3 of the previous sections. September 30th to November 15th.
- Task 2: content seeding. We take advantage of the upcoming Living On The Edge 4 event in late October to get key members of the Edgeryders community involved in an online conversation on the theme of community stewardship of public goods, to be harvested using Open Ethnographer. September 15th to November 31st
- Task 3: onboarding and starting the stewardship conversation for testing. October 25th.
- Touchpoint 1 on onboarding. October 31st. Done.
- Task 4: deployment. We deploy the code onto the Edgeryders platform. November 15th to November 30th.
- Touchpoint 2 on deployment. November 15th. Deliverable: Interim report. Not done
- Task 5: testing. We use Open Ethnographer to harvest the stewardship conversation. December 1st to 20th.
- Task 6: documentation. We write good documentation, critical to open source development (December 1st to February 1st). We allocate some time to writing both a developer’s manual intended for sysadmins (deployment, integration etc.) and user’s manual intended for QDA researchers and analysts.
- Deliverable 1: onboarding workshop on using Open Ethnographer to investigate stewardship. Delivered on October 26th, documentation available on October 31st.
- Deliverable 2: code base. Available on November 15th on the Edgeryders GitHub repo. Delivered.
- Deliverable 3: Live installation. Available on November 30th on https://edgeryders.eu. Not delivered
- Deliverable 4: test content. Consists of a minimum of 30 posts and 100 comments by 20 unique participants on the theme of stewardship. Available on November 30th on https://edgeryders.eu/. Delivered (but needs a check on the numbers).
- Deliverable 5: test results. Consists in a test ethnography of stewardship, run on the above data with the Open Ethnographer prototype. Available on December 31st.
- Deliverable 6: documentation. Available on December 31st.
We are late on the testing, mainly because it does not look like we have a working live installation of OE yet to do the testing with. To bring the project back on track, to a first approximation we need to do the following:
- commit to a date for the live OE installation (Matthias)
- finish the migration of the LOTE4 Hackpads onto the platform, and check the numbers (Noemi). Do some engagement as needed.
- start the testing (Inga), asking questions as appropriate to the community to refine our idea of stewardship.
- summarize all this into an interim report, written by everybody and compiled by Nadia.