This is a wiki. Welcome to contribute!
Here is the overall project timeline, deliverables and core tasks, linked to more detailed tasks where available.
- Total runtime including both software and the ethnographic report: 2014-10-24 to 2015-04-20
- Delivered Send back signed grant agreement
- Delivered Summary of insights from software tests at the unConference event: 2014-11-15. Delivered on 2014-10-26 (onboarding workshop), 2014-10-31 (documentation).
- Delivered Make a code base openly available on Github: 2014-11-15
- Summary of Stewardship/LOTE4 related metrics (gauging "media impact") including for articles and videos: 2015-01-20
- Write summary of emergent topics and themes related to LOTE4/Stewardship discussions and their aftermath: 2015-01-20
- Interim Narrative Report (covering period 1 October- 20 November): 2015-01-20
- Interim Financial Report (covering period 1 October- 20 November): 2015-01-20
- Open Ethnographer installation live on edgeryders.eu: 2015-01-30
Ethnographic report on Stewardship/LOTE4 related discussions and emergent themes: 2014-02-20
- Final Narrative Report (covering period 1 December-28 February): 2015-04-20
- Final Financial Report (covering period 1 December-28 February): 2015-04-20
- Documentation for software (developer's and user's manuals): 2015-04-20
Reporting (distributed over the whole project runtime!)
- Compile a summary of Stewardship/LOTE4 related metrics (gauging "media impact") including for articles and videos published.
- Write summary of emergent topics and themes related to LOTE4/Stewardship discussions and their aftermath.
- Write summary of lessons learned about collective intelligence and engaging networks in this kind of enquiry (software is just part of it, social contracts, market failures in sharing economy including for data)
- Produce Interim Narrative report according to template outlined in RF grant agreement.
- Produce Interim Financial report according to template outlined in RF grant agreement
- Produce Final Narrative report according to template outlined in RF grant agreement.
- Produce Final Financial report according to template outlined in RF grant agreement.
- Produce user and developer manuals for OpenEthnographer
- Onboarding seminar. A seminar on Open Ethnographer, to be held at LOTE4, meant to get the ethnography of stewardship started. (=budget item 3)
Evaluate the OpenEthnographer prototype. (=budget item 5, by Inga &c) This uses an "ethnography of stewardship", but only content we have already from Case Studies etc., as content seeding is only done later, for the newly developed software.
- Do user-based testing of the prototype software.
- Collect requirements for the development phase.
Software development infrastructure. (=part of budget item 1, by Matthias) Tasks based on the requirements:
- Finish the basic software architecture design for Open Ethnographer.
- Partition the Open Ethnographer development into tasks. The tasks will be put on edgeryders.eu as tasks, with individual budgets assigned. They should be as independent from each other as possible (so that multiple developers can work in parallel) and quite small (<500 EUR, so that the risk for developers is minimal).
- Set up a Drupal sandbox project with a git repository for Open Ethnographer. This is technically already the final "open source release", which of course needs additional polishing tasks etc. though. We do not use Github here to integrate with the Drupal community as early as possible. [No longer relevant, as we intend to contribute to eComma now.]
- Set up an issue tracker. Probably using the one from eComma to integrate with their community as early as possible. [No longer relevant, as we intend to contribute to eComma now.]
- Set up collaboration protocols. Means: how to do releases, how to cooperate with the testing / evaluation team etc..
- Integrate contributed code from developers.
- Software implementation. (=part of budget item 1, by developers from the Edgeryders community). Proposed runtime 2014-11-21 to 2015-01-25 (because obviously, there has to be time after software development for using it). The tasks required to transform our chosen base software Annotator into Open Ethnographer are, in meaningful order of execution, listed resp. linked in the post on collaborative development. All tasks are open for the community.
- Content seeding. (=budget item 2, by Noemi) Can and should be done in parallel to development. Need to differentiate between first hand accounts of Stewardship and third hand accounts of people’s views. Make sure people whose content is used in the analysis are informed for consent (via email).
- Deployment. (=budget item 4) Proposed for 2015-01-25 to 2015-01-30.
- Testing / Evaluation. (=budget item 5, by Inga) This applies the newly deployed Open Ethnographer version to looking for compiling a report about the content from the "content seeding" step, and about the software itself. Bug fixing and some polishing of existing features will also happen according to the feedback.
Documentation and Open Source Release. (=budget item 6)
- Develop a packaging script that will create a Drupal module archive from the Github repository.
- Write the documentation.
- Upload the latest release and publish it as a "stable" version of the Drupal module.