Samenhuizen + H&P summer programme: offer to do a presentation in September

Hey @reef-external, this has just come up in a mail from Samenhuizen (in case we want to represent the Reef there):

• op 05/09 zitten we met “Zomer in BXL” in Casa Viva waar we een speeddate organiseren om zoekers en starters te matchen.
  • en in de loop van september zouden ze nog elke andere donderdag after work (tussen 17.30 en 19.30u) kunnen prikken voor een eigen sessie in die reeks. Vorige week in Ilôt De Spiegel waren we met 18 geïnteresseerden, ook mensen die zoeken naar een plaats in een cohousing. We organiseren dat samen met Habitat & Participation en communiceren beide over de bezoeken.
3 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out. These events seem low on time investment and high on return. We are still looking for exploring members, right?

3 Likes

Yes. I just emailed Sabrine, you are in cc. The idea is that we would schedule a regular presentation, at Brutopia (but we need to check that we can use their room as early as 17.30), but get the joint communication boost of Samenuizen and Habitat & Participation. If you have the mindspace to follow up with this, it would be great. Lie is up for presenting (I now believe there might be a glitch for her on the 26th, but I would go forward with this anyway). Also ping @reef-recruitment .

3 Likes

There’s also the offer (first bullet) to send someone to the speeddating event on 5 September in Casa Viva. At these events several groups get the chance to briefly present their project.

I received a request (from Luc) to ask whether we would be interested, and if yes, also to confirm our presence, so that they can include it in the event description. I personally can’t make it, but surely someone else can?

2 Likes

I will be out of the country, but I would strongly recommend someone attends on behalf of The Reef. @manuelpueyo maybe? @joannes ?

We heard back from Samenhuizen (Bernard, as Sabrine is on holiday). They have available the 12th or the 19th of September. @Lee can you make it? @Dave_behave can you support?

I can play a role on 5 September at Casa Viva. Who is Luc?

2 Likes

I think he is the Luc that works here: https://www.kenniscentrumwwz.be/

I can do 12 but not 19.

The email is in the Protonmail inbox, sent by myself, title: “Zomer van Brussel: 5/9 speeddate”. Would you be willing to reply to him?

I’m going to contact Victor and ask to book the room for 12 September then. I’ll do that tomorrow morning, so last chance for any imput from anyone in @reef-recruitment or @reef-external

Normally, I open up Miro at 6pm and the place is closed, so shouldn’t be a problem to have it earlier. I’ll ask to have the room from 5pm, and we aim to open the doors at 5.30pm…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will respond.

4 Likes

Hi @reef-external and @reef-recruitment !

Victor has confirmed that we can use Miro for the 12th.

@alberto - in his email reply he talks about a document for the payment, but I don’t see it attached. So I guess it is paid in the usual way…

I will be away until 7 September, and not particularly connected the last couple of weeks, so I won’t be able to help much with the organisation. But happy to do all my usual things on the day…

@Dave_behave - we need to talk about the bar for the meet-the-neighbours event on the the 7th and the presentation on the 12th…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@alberto, I have created the registration form. Can you please put it on our website? This is the link: https://forms.gle/MrPRNLzfnXA6hxkr8

@Perrine, @Christian, @Odile or @thomasameel, we are looking for someone who would be willing to help us with the administration of the event. The task consists of two things:

1. Send a confirmation email every 2-3 days

2. Check our mailbox and reply to messages à la “thanks for letting us know you can’t make it”, “no you can’t bring your dog” etc

All in all it doesn’t take much time, but it does require checking in every 2-3 days. Would one of you be willing to volunteer for this?

Done.

1 Like

@Lee Yes sure, I could do that. I just need explanations to enter the email box (address and password) …

All Reef login credentials are in this folder. Of course you need to be logged into our Nextcloud server.

Thanks a million @Perrine!

Here’s a couple of things that you’ll need:

• Login credentials: in the Team IT folder (link above)

• Access to the form: just sent it to you (Google survey)

• Copy of the confirmation email: at the very end of the presentation manual, which is saved in the Team R&O admin folder: Login – Nextcloud

Then a couple of things to make coordination easy:

• In the mailbox: when responding to questions, please sign with your own name, so we know afterwards who sent the email (about half The Reef is using the mailbox)

• In the form: if you go to the Excel sheet in Google docs, I added a column in yellow saying “confirmation email sent” => this is where we keep track of this with a simple “Y”

• Team R&O also has its own “presentations” folder in the mailbox (purple label). Can you please move the emails there?

Please don’t hesitate to contact me here or on Signal if you’d need help with anything.

2 Likes

Ok, so I have created the ad on Samenhuizen and on Habitat Groupé, and I created a Facebook event. This is the link: Presenting our cohousing project in Jette

There’s a couple of things that need to be done that I can’t take care of (or else at least nice-to-haves):

• Reach out to Samenhuizen to see how they would like to communicate on Facebook. Right now I just put our usual text, without any reference to the fact that they are hosting us.

• Engage a bit more on Facebook, especially ahead of the event. In the “Graphics” folder there is a jpg of the plans that could be shared as an update, just to draw some attention.

• Re-publish the ad on Habitat Groupé. This is something we always do, because at some point our ad slips too far down. Anybody with the login credentials can do it.

• Send out the newsletter: @manuelpueyo can you please take care of this?

I will be on a break starting from next week, until mostly the start of the event, so I can’t contribute to the communication activities. @Chris and @mieke are also on a break, so that leaves nobody from Team R&O to man the ship. @joannes would you possible be willing to steer our communication moves a little?

2 Likes

@Perrine, silly detail: exceptionally the presentation will start at 17:30, so this is something that needs to be changed in the email template. Can you please take care of that? TIA!

Also, just for everybody’s info: I had forgotten to update the link to the form in the Facebook event text, and I had put the wrong starting time in the H&P one, but now it’s all been corrected.

One day in and we already have 4 registrations. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

@Lee @alberto I need a gmail address + password to be able to modify the form. I didn’t find any that would work in the list of credentials : can you help me about that?

Sorry, it’s a negative. Gmail is not part of the standard IT toolkit of The Reef. Need to ask @Lee !