Session on endangered researchers and precarity in higher education

thank you Rebecca for being there with your sincere input and also for following up. We will keep in touch; I also look forward to the collective spirit through ongoing discussions. Let us keep adding on and sharing:)

1 Like

To everyone who had joined this session last year:

Our ethnographer team has launched a question about how employers deal with applicants and the effects of that on our perception of time, work and self-worth.

Your insights and opinions on that would be very welcome!

2 Likes

Thanks for the ping @MariaEuler. Iā€™ll look into the conversation and try to relate. BTW; hi @everyone in this thread, hope you are coping fine with our ever-uncertain planet:)

2 Likes

Hei itā€™s nice to see your name again here @atelli, thanks for asking, Iā€™m personally doing fairly OK and Iā€™m glad to read here and there that people have been adjusting to new working lives,

How are you doing??

2 Likes

Hi @noemi. Nice to see you here as well. Many great ideas and projects are blooming up in these uncertain times despite or maybe even because of all the pain and suffering due to system collapse. Thus, the pandemic made us see the possible end and imagine a different one, I miss the spaces and spontaneous interactions in my daily routine, but also had enough time to realize how much extra energy was consumed on the way to building those daily relationships. I feel free and seeking ways to become independent with all its interesting distributed forms. There is still so much to learnā€¦even in the case of the pandemic, how we have created it and now how we are forced to live with it, entangled in its dynamics. I feel like we are at the threshold of making peace with the world or gradually disappear. The former gives me hope and courage to learn more with/from those in action.

1 Like