Set up an assembly at CCC

Hi and welcome :slight_smile:

Hi @cjd and @igel

welcome to our home on the Internets :slight_smile:

Yes the bunk beds are still available. I would like for them to support people with complementary aims/interests with the Edgeryders already going…

Do you know what you are aiming to learn/build/find/do at the event?

Maybe we can help each other. I think Dan pointed out so well what it is we are trying to achieve together here: https://edgeryders.eu/en/agora/if-you-meet-the-expert-on-the-road-kill-her.

Personally I am passionate about building Harmonious Hackathons as a p2p support infrastructure for meaningful, beautiful and clever projects that are valuable whether or not the market can regognise them as such. One theme is that of hacking well-being and care. We did a session about it at the last community event in October and it would be great to carry that work forward.

Maybe have a look at the notes and see what you think we could do at 31C3 and if/how you could help?  https://edgeryders.eu/en/lote4/notes-from-the-lote4-session-on-the-future-of-care-in-the-hands

Hi and thanks for the welcome, the answer to the first question was a bit complicated so I put it in the /arrivals/ section https://edgeryders.eu/en/arrivals/my-story-from-somewhere-that-is-decidedly-not-the-edge

As far as what to do at the c3, my personal opinion is that events are for talking and not for hacking. It’s also my opinion that programmers usually (always?) make the wrong software because we don’t talk to people and get an idea of the real pain points which people are encountering. ER is trying to build what are effectively micro-states so you will know very well what are the problems which one runs into when doing these things and problems are mainly what I want to discuss.

Thank you for the welcoming

#### Aims / Interests

Thank you for the welcoming. Above all I am interested in sharing what I learn. However, the building of trust among organizers is ideally a liberal concern of mine. So perhaps the goal will be to find and share with others our experiences in local outreach to international relations.

#### Hackathons

For sure! I’ve been interested in participating more in recent hackathons (locally) put on by Code For America / Code for Boston, But only got my feet wet. I enjoy the grunt work, no pun intended.

#### Collaboration

From what I have read so far in ‘Edgeryders guide to the future’ it is safe to say there exists a common effort among the CCC assemblies mentioned above and of course the Edgeryders platform.

1 Like

I would like to join too :slight_smile:

I would like to join you in this adventure too

beds secured for Danohu, cjd, igel, Dorota and Msanti

Guys you’re set. I reserved an extra bed in case someone is the community is stranded or wants to join us last minute. If any of  you guys cancel please let me know in advance so the beds don’t go to waste.

Thank you <3

Thank you <3

Ok awesome, I’ll go ahead and cancel my reservation at the Raddison, now how much of this can I pay for without it becoming weird and patronistic?

1 Like

Outstanding!

Nadia – Thank you very much. I’ll absolutely give notice.

Thank you!

@Nadia just to plan the travel, what nights have you reserved?

26/12 - 30/12

all the nights.

I was at last year’s C3 and I remember the NoisySquare being not as exciting as it seems to be. A lot of people pass by it because it’s in a prominent location but it is (was) also in a small area so people tended to pass through instead of stay. I spent a lot of time in the lower level which was where the majority of assemblies are located and certainly where the most raw human energy was found so my recommendation is against a NoisySquare sub-assembly.

I’m also a bit biased because @igel and I are already participating in fc-slash-eight assembly (it’s about software I wrote, I can’t escape it), it’s registered for 10 people and it would be nice if we can ask them to put our tables next to one another. WDYT?

see you there :slight_smile:

i just got a ticket via Friends Program, looking forward to see you all in Hamburg!

@mstn@Kei, @Ben do you also join 31C3?

there is one bed left, do you need it?

See above…

yes please!

could you please check with them if no one will bug me about state ID? people in this hostel in Matera had issue with me not using it, and i remember facing similar problem a year ago in Bolzano :frowning:

ok ill check and get back to you

examples of non technical talks

Since we may want to bring to the table some topics not necessarily focusing on technology, i would like to share 3 examples of such presentations. + Hacker ethic - Wikipedia

cut & paste mischedule… what’d I miss?

I don’t know why Google returned an incorrect time… 11:00 CET is 5:00 EST, not 17:00 EST. Needless to say, I didn’t get to the Hangout.

Assembly up

Hi @igel, apparently the guys worked on the application and there’s an assembly wiki up (see the comments).

https://edgeryders.eu/en/agora/wiki-setting-up-the-edgeryders-assembly-at-31c3

@elf_Pavlik thank you for sharing the videos, you made my day <3

ping Marc

Hey @Marc, would you like to join us in Hamburg? I think people participating in congress would find interest in your work on Solar Tracker, Arduino, aquaponics etc.

Closing

Apparently @cjd has completed this task.

https://edgeryders.eu/en/agora/wiki-setting-up-the-edgeryders-assembly-at-31c3