This wiki is where we coordinate. I'm transferring questions from the form on this page below.
Please fill in the answers so we are working in parallel. We've had some discussion in the comments on this page so maybe some answers you can find in them to transfer to this wiki!
1. Help fill in the form
Website(s): Kiderwind, Makerfox, unMonastery, Harmonious Hackathons, and Edgeryders
Official Contact: [please add your name, email address and mobile phone number if you're helping with the assembly so we can all get in touch during the event]
- cjd - cjd at cjdns dot fr
- igel - igel at hyperboria dot ca
- Ladyniasan - nadia at edgeryders dot eu
- [x] At the event we will need an irc channel, I propose #edgeryders on freenode, WDYT? //Yes!- sez Nadia//
- We have linked together both #fc-slash-eight (hypeirc) and #edgeryders (freenode) channels. //Cool!
"Why do we still need to go get jobs and work for the man?" - Edgeryders are coming to #31C3 in search of wisdom and allies.
Things will not get better simply because we have the ability to revolt or tear down states, we have to build something better. So what infrastructures do we need for people to be ok, who is already doing relevant work and how can we support one another?
Edgeryders, initiators of the unMonastery project are reaching out to hackers around the world to share hands on experience, pool resources and built infrastructures we need to support each others work, and live great lives ...p2p.
Which projects are creating conditions for the ability of people to thrive without needing to get jobs and work for the man? What other examples are there of people hacking technologies, relationships and lifestyles to support important work outside the mainstream? What social-technical infrastructures are needed to ensure every human has their needs fulfilled and can live without hunger, fear or despair- what is already out there and just needs support.... and what do we need to modify or build from scratch?
We keep this exchange pragmatic and based on hands-on experience from existing or past initiatives. Successes and failures are equally valuable. When we are done with the Food and program planning wiki (please help!), we should be able to answer the following questions:
What's happening: 140 character description
Where and when : Point to location on map of venue
How to participate: in Building the assembly [url], running the assembly [url], following up on the assembly [url]
How to get involved: things people can do to support the effort on location, remotely
- What to bring with you:
Select parent assembly, if any: Noisy Square or fc-slash-eight
- No parent assembly, we will ask the organizers to place us nearby to fc-slash-eight.
- Note(dec3): fc-slash-eight member requested area next to the (not yet registered) CCC-CH / Swiss CCC assembly. Alternatively be near the freifunk assembly.
- Food-Hacking-Base is another alternative if they would like to collaborate?
- Note (dec3): Foodhacking Base asked if we want to join their assembly/share space if they get it- " we are still waiting for the 31c3 orga to confirm that they have suitable location for us, we may be without running water and drainage this year, which we can sort out but it will make some extra pressure on us"- Frantisek [Algoldor]
Select related assemblies: [add related assemblies]
Tags: HackCare, unMonastery, Well-being, Health, Food, Autarchy, Community, Resilience, Mutual Support
Provides location for sessions (Y/N): Yes!
E-Mail contact for organizing team: email@example.com
Things we bring: [Please put everything special here, that you might bring to the congress and that might need some extra space like 3D Printers, a CNC-Cutter or stuff like that.]
Need to know by [ ] ?? next Thursday.
- fc-slash-eight - I heard we are bringing a monitor and some electrical power strips. Routers.
Member seats needed: 10
fc-slash-eight asked for 10 and has 6 people known to be coming so if we're side-by-side, being a little short is not a disaster.
Extra seats needed: 20
Planned sessions: Soup and Tell
Assembly specification (we need to choose one of three options):
2. We'd like to come together with a lot of people, a spot with lot's of people passing by and good visibility would be nice.
Planning notes: We need 2 tables, 30 chairs, ideally some kind of "wall surface" to put up posters and notes on, and electric outlets. The neighbourhood we would like is a busy area with lots of people in it.
Things needed to bring:
- Electricity (power strips, extension cords)
- Ethernet cables (if wired internet is desired)
- Lights if we want bright light shining on anything (many of the assembly areas ((the best ones)) are dimly lit)
- Stickers / documents if desired
Things we need to know by the 4th of December:
- How many people (guess) (fc-slash-eight is roughly 7 people?): We are 7-10 people
- Will we be bringing toys which require space? (a whiteboard or chart for people to write ideas?): Yes. A mobile whiteboard (on wheels if we can find it)
- Are we planning any lectures/session? How much time/seating?: Yes. A few lightning talks where people present their work and others ask questions as well as some group exercises.
Jobs to do: will be determined here.
This is all tentative, if we don't want to do something then we can just scratch it.
- If we want to manage food, we ought to have a Minister of Food here: @Nadia
@cjd (or @igel (done)) -> register with the c3
- Manager of stickers and pamphlets: @Alberto
- Gaffer (chief electrician): @msanti