This is for @lucechiodelliub.
Luce: we would like to perform a universal takeover of OpenCare’s GA. The entity taking over from Edgeryders would be a new company, also called Edgeryders, incorporated in Estonia. After Brexit, we decided to shut down the British company and move shop. We are now ready to go. We prefer not to wait for the project to be over, because a secondary effect of Brexit is difficulties with banking for British companies with “too many non-residents on the board”. This is limiting our ability to operate at a critical time, with the OpenCare festival coming up.
I contacted the Horizon 2020 Helpdesk, and received an encouraging response (below). Could you please:
- Formally contact the Commission, explain the situation, and say that we would like to perform a universal takeover from Edgeryders Limited By Guarantee to Edgeryders Osahüing (PIC 912799780).
- Verify that we indeed do not need an amendment to the GA.
- Ask what else we should do.
The new company has not been validated yet: so, I guess the validation service should do its thing before the takeover can be approved.
Thank you so much, I am sorry to give you all this trouble.
Below, an excerpt from the answer I received from the H2020 Help Desk.
For instance, change of beneficiary due to universal takeover (i.e. where the original entity is replaced by one new entity and all rights and obligations – including the GA – are transferred to this new entity, e.g. merger of full acquisition) does not require an amendment; however, change of beneficiary due to partial takeover (i.e. where a part of the business of the beneficiary – including the GA - is taken over by one or more entities e.g. partial acquisition, distribution of a business unit after dissolution/liquidation, division/demerger) requires an amendment to the GA.
You may find more information on the case that would require an amendment, including the list of the necessary supporting documents to be submitted for each type of amendment in the guidance document ‘Amendment types & supporting documents’ published:
- on the Participant Portal: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/other/gm/h2020-guide-amend-types_en.pdf), and
- in the Annotated Model Grant Agreement (AGA) in the explanations under Article 55 related to Amendments, via an hyperlink (see page 346): http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/grants_manual/amga/h2020-amga_en.pdf).