Team IT questions and updates

hello @Lee ! with pleasure, which email you would like to send the newsletter from? your personal email or other?

From The Reef’s protonmail if possible. Thanks Manuel!

i dont think you can send newsletters from protonmail.

we send the newsletters from Mailjet. an email delivery service that is alternative to Mailchimp. Protonmail i am not familiar with but i dont think is the same tool. You need

• your own email list : a container for the emails and names of your subscribers

• you need a page to collect the emails

• an editor to edit the emails (words and-or images)

I can set you up your mailjet list and i can explain you how to edit and send email if you wish

I’d be very grateful if you could help me with this. I’m IT-illiterate like you can’t imagine.

1 Like

hello @Lee
I think its a great idea i would be happy to help! maybe you could start with an edgerydiders new page that would some how serve as landing page.

title of the newsletter

lead paragrah: a catchy summary

about the author

what is in it for the reader? why to signup

Hi @manuelpueyo,

I’ll try to take care of that tonight or tomorrow.

Would you already have the link to the registration page?

Thanks so much for your help!

cool!! . here is the link to subscribe to your list

please give it a test and see what happens and send me suggestions to improve it.

<iframe data-w-type="embedded" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://xrwi0.mjt.lu/wgt/xrwi0/x30g/form?c=d99a38ca" width="100%" style="height: 0;"></iframe>

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://app.mailjet.com/pas-nc-embedded-v1.js"></script>

Hi @manuelpueyo,

I created a new category and added the link to the newsletter in the description at the top of the page: The Reef's Open Knowledge - Edgeryders

I tried to register myself, but it didn’t go fully as I expected:

1. Gmail sent it to my spam
  2. The sender of the confirmation was my first name (and not “The Reef’s Open Knowledge”)

Could you please have a look?

ok. i will have a look at those 2 points. indeed we have an issue with delivery of emails newsletter due to a recent change of the domain "thereef.brussels
" to a new domain provider. i just found this out!

1 Like