TechBlick 01 - Abe [EN]

So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put to transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information, so please tell me your name and if you agree.

Okay, I’ve confirmed I do agree with your interview. So my name is Takatoshi Abe. I’m from Japan, Osaka and I work. I’ve been working for with Panasonic industry.

Okay, first question, can you tell me a bit about your educational and professional background and interests?

Okay, I have a master’s degree from Tokyo Institute of Technology. So now I want a second question is okay, my background okay. So my background is the physics and chemistry. So my our division I belong to now is electronic materials business division.

And what is your area of expertise.

My expertise is chemistry. So now main core business or is to provide the circuit board materials called electronic materials. So like such as the copper clad laminate. Copper clad laminate is made of the high functional polymer technologies. But the polymer itself we we been designing uh polymers molecules by answering customers demands.

Okay. The theme of this conference is the future of electronics reshaped. What does the idea of reshaping electronics for the future mean to you?

Okay, so the today’s electronic electronics, even iPhones, Android based phones made of the high functioning circuit board. So now as of my law I am R&D manager. So I have some project for futures, including for future circuit board materials. So to attend a conference, the main purpose is to, um, inform our technologies more widely.

Uh, what do you think is the relationship between electronics and sustainability?

Great question. So we need to we be we’ve been trying effort uh, soccer economies eco friendly thing by, uh, addressing by cutting edge modular designs that we’ve been developing a long time. So traditional way is to, you know, think about just only functionality. But from now, from now or the to the futures, you know, so materials or chemistries should be made from the more you know, recyclable something. But bio based something even just foamed plastic formed materials should be degrade able by, you know, environment like uh, uh bio lives.

Uh, can you define a circular economy in your own words? What is circular economy?

In my opinion, circular economy is. Maybe defined by, you know, uh, sectors from the raw material make it a product. People use it, then the waste. But just just a waste. Uh. Uh, recycle, degrade, degrade to into the, uh, useful material.

Uh, do you participate In a circular economy in any aspect of your life.

Do you? I’m sorry. Do you, do.

You do you participate in circular economy in any aspect of your life?

The short answer is yes, I do.

Could you explain?

Uh, I just participate. Participate?

The aspects of circular economy. That means. Do you do you do anything in your life to protect the circular economy?

Um, so in my activity. So now. So I’m watching and researching 3D, you know, dynamics to, to the future in terms of the circular economies then. So once we define the challenges or issues into the circular economies. So we built we may build a project team to address the, you know, problems in the circular economies.