TechBlick 09 - David [EN]

So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you later. An information sheet with contact information and then you can get it. So please tell me that if you agree and your name.

I’m fine with it. And I’m David.

Thank you very much, David. So the first question, can you tell me a bit about your educational and professional background and interests?

Okay, I’m 32 years old and I’m living in Berlin. I’m working for a company who is producing PCBs. So electronic parts for the industry. And what else do you want to know? I study, yeah, actually, I’m from fashion industry. I worked seven years ago in the fashion industry and I studied fashion. Yeah.

Yeah. And what is your area of expertise right now?

I’m working for a PCB company and I’m responsible for special products as a product manager. Yeah.

Okay. Uh, the theme of this conference is the future of Electronics reshaped or what does the idea of reshaping electronics for the future mean to you?

So as a name reshaped, it already says so we have to rethink about the current technology and find new solutions for new products and new future trends. Yeah, that’s what I think. Yeah.

Uh, can you define a circular economy? “Kreislaufwirtschaft” (in German, auth.) In your own words, uh.

For the future or not?

What do you think about circular economy? What is circular economy for you?

Okay. I can’t give you a I can’t give you an information in English for that because it’s too, too tricky.

I can help you. It’s an economy based on sharing, reusing, repairing and recycling materials and existing products as much as as possible.

So to to use them again and again.

And again and then on the end to recycle.

Okay. I’m not a fan of it. I’m not a fan of it. I think it’s the best for the economy. Yes, of course, but for me personally, you told me in your when you started the interview, you told me that you it’s my private point of view and I’m not a fan of it. To repair and repair. Products or things or parts and use them again. No, no, I want to to have new technologies and I want to use new things. Yeah. And I want to go with the trend. So I’m. Yeah.

Okay. Uh, do you think electronics can play a role in making the car industry more sustainable?

Electronics? Yes, I think so. Yeah. Yeah. Um, yeah. There are different, uh, new ways to produce PCBs for, for example, PCBs to save the environment. Yeah, sure. And I think this is a, um, important point for the future. Yeah.

And do you think that the automotive industry can promote circular economy and focused on something like reuse and eliminating waste?

For special paths. Yes, I think it’s possible. But you. Please keep in mind cars are very expensive, and the companies, they want a lot of money for cars. For new cars, they don’t charge you costs for reused materials. They always want more and more and more and money. So I’m not a fan of it when you reuse things, but you charge more as usual. So that’s not that’s not a good deal for me as a private person. And you don’t have to forget the quality. The quality is also an issue when you reuse use the parts and. Yeah, if everything is fine. So the price is correct and the quality is fine, it’s okay. But.