TechBlick 19 - Mira [EN]

What about automotive industry? Is it promoting a circular economy? Do they do it already?

Well, let’s talk about formula one. Is that circular economy? No, it’s not very very very it’s like at the most expensive end and it’s fashion. It’s popularity. It’s promotional. It’s it’s I would say exactly at the other end of.

Do you currently own a car?

No.

Did you own before a car?

I did.

Which kind of car was that,

A Jaguar.

It’s a petrol or.

Petrol.

What personal or professional experience have you had with electronics in cars you use before?

Well, one of the problems was using the dashboard. If a sense if a light switch went out, instead of replacing the bulb, you had to replace the whole panel of sensors and those sorts of things. Or if you had an accident and you smashed a head lamp so that the replacement of that head lamp, you had to go through a series of it wasn’t just replacing the head lamp. So those are very, very non-circular.

Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in electronics by car electronics, for example, GPS? When you think about reusing of these devices.

Well, you can use it for the good and you can use it for the bad. So there are cases where you need to locate somebody. You can use it if they’re in an accident and you need to identify them, you can use it. That’s again goes back to the nice to have or need to have. So I can see the good, good things of having it. But it is of course a concern that your privacy. But privacy of the individual or privacy in the community. They gain different sorts of privacy. So somebody going off to have an affair that his wife traces him or whatever else is a bit negative but…

and what about electronics in general.

That uses for them and they’re not uses for them. There’s always the pros and the cons.

That…

I’m a chef, I cook a lot. And and you look at the electronics in a kitchen, which is almost at the scale of the electronics in the car. And again, you need to replace a whole panel in the dishwasher, in the washing machine or like that, it’s terribly wasteful.

Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yes. Recycling. Um, so the art side of me would think, how can you use an old car in an art form? A different art form? Maybe, I don’t know, whatever. It’s an interesting tool. Recycling or.