TechBlick 23 - Sahad [EN]

So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in our depository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository and leaving you an information sheet with contact informations. If you agree that, please tell me that your name and that you agree.

Okay it’s fine. It’s Sahad I agree as long as you explain the subject more.

I think Sarah was the name. Sahar that it’s Sahar.

Okay. It’s complicated.

No problem. The first question. Can you tell me a bit about your educational and professional background and and interests?

Of course. So my background is electronics engineering emphasized on biomedical applications and specialized in biomaterials and bio devices. So obviously I’m interested in bio electronics and everything related to biosensors and biomedical applications.

What is your area of expertise?

Area of expertise. It’s actually in this field. In addition to medical devices, I work in sales and in marketing. And yeah, that’s it.

The theme of this conference is Future of Electronics Reshape. What does the idea of reshaping electronics for the future mean to you?

Yeah. For me, shaping the the electronics is actually having an additive manufacturing for electronics. That’s simple. One step. Um, sustainable because we know that electronics can have a lot of waste of materials. So as much as we can make it more sustainable, that’s the better. So for me, this is reshaping electronics, being able to print it in a simple way, in an additive manufactured way.

What do you think is the relationship between electronics and sustainability? Yep.

Um, in my mind, the idea of sustainability is that we want to decrease the use of materials, and that’s why we normally try to make things as small as possible. And that’s why we want to reshape electronics in a way to make it as small as possible in order to serve a more sustainable, more sustainable way. And that’s why tools to deposit materials with minimum waste is what’s needed currently.

How can you define a circular economy in your own words? What is it?

Circular economy? Yeah. Oh. I don’t know exactly about circular economy, to be honest. Maybe you can try to explain it more, because in my mind, circular economy is just like a chain. You start to get back to to the same thing because everything is actually interfering and depends on what’s before and what’s after. So this is for me, the way I understand it.

The definition is reusing, repairing, sharing and recycling materials and existing products.

Sustainability.

Do you think electronics can play a role in making the car industry more sustainable?

The car industry? Okay, something I’m not so familiar with. But yes, of course, because when it comes to cars, we do have a lot of electronics there. And if we make the electronics sustainable, we’re making part of the cars at least sustainable.

Yeah. Do you think the same that the electronics can make the car industry more, more circular?

Huh? Um. In case. Again, these electronics are made in a in a good way and an environmentally friendly way, and we were able to use them again. Then yes, we can do a circular and I believe we can do a lot of times circuits don’t have to be thrashed away. They can be repaired and technologies that can print at submicron scales are needed to do that. And they do exist.