TechBlick 27 - Serena [EN]

So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information, so then please tell me your name and that you agree.

Serena Van Berlo and I agree.

Thank you. Serena. So the first question, can you tell me a bit about your educational and professional background and interests?

Yes, I’m working as an event manager at TNO, and my back study is event management, project management on different topics and I work at TNO Center for four years now.

What is your area of expertise?

Event management. So organizing events, thinking about the concepts, the strategy, strategic and implementation at the events and the coordination?

Yes. The theme of this conference is the future of Electronics Reshaped. What does the idea of reshaping electronics for the future mean to you?

I think how we. Respond on all the things to innovation is developing. And my English not so good.

It’s good enough.

So how do we adapt and how do we innovate with all the changes and all the all the things we we develop and so reshape it. So the printed electronics is also very the innovating thing. So yeah.

What do you think is the relationship between electronics and sustainability.

Sorry. Again the question.

What is the relationship between electronics and sustainability in your opinion.

Oh yes I think sustainability is very important topic these days. So it’s always connected to everything we do. And also within the printed electronics, things we need to look. How can we make it more sustainable in the future. Because everything needs to be more sustainable. So also printed electronics.

Uh, can you define a circular economy in your own words? What is circular economy?

Uh, I don’t know what’s the meaning of the word is.

Circular economy means an economy based on sharing, reusing, repairing, recycling.

All that stuff. As I look to events, um, we always try to. Do a lot of things to be sustainable. I can tell something about that. So we work, we do everything online, digital. So and we print, for example, the badges on site. So there are no prints left if people don’t show up. We always have the catering sustainable so vegetarian as most as possible. What we didn’t use in the morning can we use for the drinks and the dinner afterwards? We don’t give goodie bags anymore. It’s not sustainable. We work at a location which we can use public transfer or walking or bicycling to the location to downsize the use of cars. So a lot of details. We try to work as sustainable as possible. Yeah.

Do you participate in a circular economy in any aspect of your life?

I think that’s difficult to answer. Uh, in my private life? Or can you give an example of reusing or reusing? Oh, yes. Of course. Yeah. Um, I, um, separate the, the garbage, and, um, I use bottles I can refill, so never buy bottles and throw it away. Uh, I try to downsize the temperature in at home, all kind of things. Yeah.