TechBlick 31 - Sven [EN]

So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you after the interview information sheet with contact information. If you accept, tell me your name and that you accept.

All right. My name is Sven, and I accept.

Thank you. Sven. So the first question, can you tell me a bit about your educational and professional background and interests?

Well, I studied international business and management in Wales, and now I’m in sales. Yeah, working for ZSK Machine.

And what is the area of your expertise in sales?

Sales? Yes.

The theme of this conference is The Future of Electronics Reshaped. What does the idea of reshaping electronics for the future mean to you?

Well, for us it means like connecting electronics with the textile. That’s our view of the future of textiles, you know.

And for your personal.

Personal, it’s quite similar. There are a lot of technologies out and a lot of electronics which can be integrated into soft surfaces such as textiles for a lot of uses.

What do you think is the relationship between electronics and sustainability?

Oh, well, that’s a good question. Honestly, don’t have an answer right now for that. But I think if you put more functions into a car, for instance, it makes it more safer. And so yeah, that’s kind of a sustainability aspect, you know, to save life, for instance, you know.

Can you define a circular economy in your own words? Kreislauf Wirtschaft.

Um, well, everything that’s being used can be reused again. And that’s also our aspect that we provide solutions which are long lasting, sustainable and easy to produce.

Uh, do you participate in circular economy yourself in any aspects of your life?

Well, personally, yes. I mean, we recycle our trash, for instance, you know, or we. Yeah, we personally look for like, products which are more sustainable and which are being produced in our region. Yeah.

Okay. Um, do you think electronics can play a role in making the car industry more sustainable?

I think there could be. I mean, with our textile sensors, for instance, you can reduce the amount of plastic inside the car, which makes the car more lighter, more lightweight. And so it doesn’t consume that much energy. For instance, such as electricity or fuel. So yeah, that will have a positive impact on on the car.

And what do you think? Can electronics play a role in making the car industry more circular? Um.

Well, I think it’s easier to recycle a textile than a rigid plastic component. And so yeah, it makes it more, more sustainable and, and yeah, attractive to circularity.