TechBlick 31 - Sven [EN]

And what can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy, in your opinion?

Well, I think they should be more open to innovations and maybe look for. Yeah. And also have the, um, the. Well. The openness to invest more in new innovation.

Do you currently own a car?

Well, I have a company car.

And which kind of car is it?

It’s a Volkswagen Passat.

Is it electric?

A hybrid car Yes.

What personal or professional experience do you have with electronics in cars you have used?

Well, I like electronics. And the car, they make it more comfortable, you know, like a massage seat or, you know, in the winter time, if you have a heated seat, you know. But there shouldn’t be too many functions inside the car because it makes it too complex for the driver to to use all the functions. You know, he should concentrate on, on the road, you know.

Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in cars, electronics?

Well, honestly, I don’t care personally. I mean. If someone wants to know how I’m driving or where I drove to. I mean, that’s fine with me, then I must be important. You know.

Also, if you think about reuse of electronics devices from from you.

I don’t have any any issues with that, you know. So as long as it functions and works, that’s that’s fine. You know.

Are the general concerns when you are thinking about privacy in circular economy practice?

Uh, well, I think the topic with the privacy is, is quite complex, and I think it depends on the individual how we see privacy. You know, so I cannot really say anything. Well, for me, it’s fine. You know, that’s my personal opinion. But I think there are a lot of people out there who have different view on that. Yeah.

Does recycling and reusing means different things to you?

Well, long lasting product. That is what I would appreciate. You know, so that like 20 years ago in the industry produced long lasting products and this should be again the way and then I think we need less circularity and all that because the products.

What do you think about recycling and reusing?

That’s a good aspect. I think we need to do that since the last 20 years. We you know, yeah, we generated a lot of garbage and that is we have to reuse it. Otherwise. Yeah, there’s no place to store it.