TechBlick 32 - Tades [EN]

So my name is Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information. If you agree, please tell me your name and that you agree.

Sure I´m Tades Golushos and I agree with that.

Thank you very much. Studies. The first question. Can you tell me a bit about your educational and professional background and interests?

So I had a kind of interesting academic studies between physics and management. So a double major. And after that I went into laser industry, working as a project manager, sales manager and then business owner for more than 15 years now.

What is your area of expertise?

Laser micromachining, especially in ultrashort pulse laser, and also how to control that together with software and all the hardware that’s moving there.

The theme of this conference is Future of Electronics Reshaped. What does the idea of reshaping electronics for the future mean to you?

Well, for us it’s very much about new ways to manufacture electronics and also different shapes that it can take. Except not not a standard PCB, let’s say, but something that can be 3D, that can be integrated. So for us it’s about things like that.

What do you think is the relationship between electronics and sustainability?

Oh, it’s electronics is becoming more and more widespread everywhere. So it’s a lot of the stuff that we produce. So definitely we need to recycle it in a, in some way to, to reduce the waste.

That is. Can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Uh, for from my point of view, it’s about things being.

Your point of view. What is it correct. Yeah.

So it’s about the things being reused and having a second life cycle either in recycle as recycled materials or recycled components.

Uh, do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Oh, yeah. In day to day life as well as a company. In a way, uh, the things that we do are not, uh, currently being. Not a lot of things are being directly used as recycled products, for example. But but of course, a lot of materials, a lot of metals, a lot of electronics comes comes into it.

Do you think electronics can play a role in making the car industry more sustainable?

Oh, I’m not completely sure about that because things are getting more and more complicated. So we are pouring more and more resources into it. So at the moment, I think we are reducing sustainability in a way, uh, apart maybe from alternative fuels. But I think at some point it needs to be also a breakthrough where it becomes more programmable, less materials going into it. So automation will come more from software enabled by electronics, not by adding more wires into it.

And what about electronics making the car industry more circular?

Again, I’m not sure about that. Would need to to see that happening.