TechBlick 32 - Tades [EN]

What can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy?

Do you could you repeat could you repeat the question?

Yeah. What can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy?

I’m not sure. I think the major thing is to make some new recycling methods and to make sure that it gets recycled. Uh, the, the automotives that are after use especially that will be important with all the batteries now coming into into automotive.

So do you think they do it already.

I know there are some some ways to do that. Uh, but is it on a large enough scale I cannot say.

Uh, do you currently own a car or did you own a car?

Yeah, I do own a car.

Which kind of car is it?

Uh, it’s petrol.

Electric or hybrid or normal car?

No, no, that’s the internal combustion petrol car.

Uh, what personal or professional experience have you had with electronics? In cars you use?

We did not have much of professional experience in that. Uh, in personal experience. Well, it is there. And, uh, surprisingly, no. Even though my current and last car kind of has a stereotype of being with shaky electronics, I haven’t had issues.

Uh, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in car electronics, for example GPS.

Not that much at the moment. I think it’s much more stored in in phones than in cars at the moment. I think it will be more relevant once we go into things like Tesla is doing, like Volvo is doing, where instead of using Android or Auto or Apple, you will use internal solutions in the car.

Do you have any concerns in electronics in general?

Oh yeah. Some, some of course there might be some privacy issues.

And what do you think are the general concerns about privacy in thinking about circular economy practice?

Oh, yes. And we have seen that previously when when we were working with data centers where also it it all the storage needs to be recycled or reused. So how they are handling that I think industry will have to learn from it as well.