The LOTE5 Pressure Cooker - a co-counselling/storytelling extravaganza for projects and people

Have you ever answered a question like “What are you working on?” or “Who do you work with?” or even “Who are you?” with “Well, uhm, it’s complicated”?

Then, this workshop is for you.

Are you profoundly empathetic, an amazing out-of-the-box thinker or a deep analytical thinker? Do you love exploring and helping others?

Then, this workshop needs you.

A. What's going to happen?

@Thomas Goorden will be leading an experiential, experimental and intensive workshop loosely based on Joe Edelman’s “Hyperactive Listening” format, sprinkled with a dash of “Enlightenment Intensive” (the ultra-light version) and punctuated with an intentional walk.

You can participate as either “Story” or as “Co-counsellor”:

Story/project

Your “story” (a project, idea or problem) will become the center of an investigative group exercise. The messier your “story”, the better the workshop will be. Perhaps you are working on a project, but aren’t really sure what it is or have difficulty explaining it to people? Perhaps you are stuck in some kind of dilemma or conflict that you find difficult to get past?

Perfect. We will take a significant amount of time to figure out what is going on and help you get on your way (again).

The outcome of the workshop (for you) could be text, diagrams, video and pictures that you can use to explain your story when those questions come up once more. But most importantly, some fundamental insight into your own story.

Co-counsellor

A good co-counsellor is in the first place someone who can listen to someone’s story (even if it is your own). You’ll then get to ask questions, investigate, analyse, try to distil the essence of a story, receive feedback and start from the beginning again. Until we get it “right”.

You’ll learn and practice all sorts of skills valuable for telling your own stories when they need it. And of course you will discover all sorts of projects other people are working on. But mostly, you will have the deep satisfaction of having been able to help someone.

Please note that part of the format will relate directly to discovering who you are, so you may expect some personal insights as co-counsellor as well.

B. Registration

The workshop can normally only accommodate a maximum of 8 people, of which 3 people can bring a story. Should there be a lot more interest, we’ll try to figure out how to handle it. Please indicate in the comments if you would like to bring a “story”.

Date: 2016-02-28 13:00:00 - 2016-02-28 17:00:00, Europe/Brussels Time.

3 Likes

No “attend” button in my browser …

Hey

Yeee-haw!! So glad this is happening :slight_smile: The “attend” button doesn’t show in the mobile version of the page, unfortunately. But count me in, please! I might need to check in with you whether my case fits, but I’d rather do that in a PM and not in public.

Thanks,

Kaja

You have been counted!

As for your “case” fitting, in principle it is really up to you to decide. Do keep in mind that about 7 people will be asking questions and giving you feedback for almost an hour about it. If that sounds good, your case is a good fit.

No attend button indeed

If nothing else…

I’ll consider anyone that leaves a comment saying they will attend to have registered.

I do notice that @KiraVde and @Matteo_Uguzzoni managed to register, so there must be a magic trick to it… Perhaps you should walk into the wall in between platform 9 and 10? (Yes, this is a Harry Potter reference.)

Scroll down to Attend

Due to the new Drupal upgrade installation, features are being re-accommodated. Sorry about that.

I spotted the Attend button at the end of the event description.

I still can’t find the attend button. Anyway I woud like to participate!

I would like to take part!

couldn’t find the button either - I looked! honestly :slight_smile:

I don’t quite know whether I would be ‘Story’ or ‘Co-counsellor’ but I’m very happy to be either.

Trying to condense the concept of ‘Open Source Circular Economy’ into an easily-digestible knowledge nugget for someone without open source or circular economy background could certainly be a challenge…

Thank You

Hi Thomas,

Just a quick message to say thank you very much for running this session.

I found it really interesting, and it was a great way to bring the weekend towards a close. It was great to have a chance to engage on a very personal and emotional level with other participants about their problems/projects.

Certainly a lot of information and context in the session that i have been thinking about a lot since coming home.

I’d be interested in learning more about what you do, if you had any opportunities for me to do so.

Alex