[DISCLAIMER: I hope i’m in the right subcategory, but if i remember well, the sci-fi economics was all about new models of economics through imaginative collective]
For Belgium it now is the 7th official day of confinement, and when i go through some of my feeds there is an underlining collective voice to give attention to:
“Never let a good crisis go to waste”
This boutade attributed to Rahm Emanuel was recently also paraphrased in an interview with Naomi Klein 
on the urgency to act now on the economical policies that will be taken in the next couple of weeks. If we aren’t conscious we will be having the same policies as the crisis of 2008. Meaning: the small man will pay for the status quo of an asocial economy for the 1%. So time to make use of our long hours in a collective way.
We need get conscious about one thing: at no other moment in the last 50 years the economy is come to such a stand still (globally but more accurately in western society). That economical machine that maybe brought greatness at one point, but was becoming an untameable beast pushing us all into a ratrace where only the happy few could escape from.
But now that machine is standing still waiting to be fueled up, so why wouldn’t we look at the engine, take some pieces out, redo the whole framework and add some human centered new functionalities? There is no better time.
This little text is an invitation to anywho is feeling this urge too and wants to look into “not wasting this crisis”
I’m thinking about roaming around groups and people who are already discussion this matter and looking how to drive this energy in the same direction. It is the perfect moment to bring up again discussions like people driven politics, basic income, Resilient & regenerative culture, …
If we don’t push this pieces in the machine that is at a stand still now, we will have to wait for a really long time
Take care, and stay home & safe at the moment!
And the little sci-fi story that goes with it:
HISTOIRE D’UNE MACHINE
- C’est l’histoire d’une machine qu’on pensais être dirigée par 1% qui poussèrent le 99% à être dans une course sans relâche. Mais était devenue une machine absurde ,sans logique, incontrôlable mais qui poussait tous le monde a continuer.
- Car Intouchable et vénéré comme un dieu, il n’était pas possible de le questionner
- Mais un virus créa un arrêt dans cette machine
- Les fidèles et fanatique paniquèrent en lui donnant les offrandes classiques
- Un groupe d’hérétique commencèrent à démonter la machine et à y placer d’autres rouages avant que la machine ne recommence.
A NOUS D’ECRIRE LA SUITE DE L’HISTOIRE