The SciFi Econ Lab Budget break down - and the associated perks

@ilaria @irene_1 @augusto @alberto can one or more of you add below the rough budget for the event below as well as the list of perks? We want to associate each perk to covering one kind of cost. So people know what they are supporting and what they get in return…It’s a communication thing.

Costs

• Venue rental - 515 € lesrichesclaires + 150 € KANO
  • Equipment rental - 500 € video streaming of the event
  • Speaker fees - 10,000 € (C. Doctorow) + …
  • Books - waiting for the price later today
  • Travel costs - 1,848.23 dollars (C. Doctorow) + …
  • Graphic design - 1,000 €
  • Video production - 1,500 €
  • Documentation/digital booklet production
  • Wifi
  • Project management - Augusto + Filip + Irene + Matthias + Alberto = this amount is uncertain because of the flips of the events, but Ilaria’s guess it’s between 5,000 and 8,000
  • Reclaiming Utopia workshop: 750 €

Perks (updated to 22/10 - 19h30)

• Perk + Pledged amount: Gratitude, 5 € or more - 0 out of 10,000
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Reduced rate Event ticket, 10 € or more - 0 out of 50
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Livestreaming, 15 € or more - 3 out of 500
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Early bird Livestreming + gratitude, 15 € or more - 0 out of 50
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Livestraming + digital booklet, 25 € or more - 5 out of 100
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Early bird event ticket - gratitude, 30/40 € (there’s a mistake) - 4 out of 40
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Livestreaming + live chat Q&A, 45 € or more - 3 out of 10
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Event ticket, 80 € or more - 2 out of 120
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Event ticket + poster, 100 € or more - 0 our of 20
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Event ticket + poster + signed book, 150 € or more - 3 out of 98
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Event ticket + poster + tshirt, 260 € or more - 1 out of 50
  • Perk + Pledged amount: Event ticket + sticker + personal thank you video + hoodie, 450 € or more - 2 out of 20
1 Like

Things that we need to fix:

• Find someone with actual experience in crowdfunding campaigns. Our selected person disappeared and @augusto and I are doing our best, but clearly this is not enough

• Find someone for streaming the video at the event and managing livestreaming + live chat: @irene_1 found a person who seems very nice and who said he could be a “technical service provider” for the video part, but he has no experience in live chat and doesn’t provide a strategy, so at this point I’d say to find someone with actual experience.

• Connecting with a PR person (I saw your email, @nadia) and make sure (s)he will contact all the relevant local media. - EDIT, found.

• Posting on different social medias and monitoring Fb ads closer, adapting the strategy daily - @anon82932460 is doing it, but if we want some more help, I think we can all get benefit from it.

• We have communication materials provided by the designer, plus templates and Indesign files to create more communication materials. Copy to be reworked is available.

all pinged + @inge @alberto

1 Like

Nadia is running the crowdfunding show.

1 Like