There's no I in teamwork

A few days ago I wrote a post about what Edgeryders is doing in 2014, and why we think it will work.

One of the many signs that we are succeeding is that our initiatives seem to be drawing the attention of mainstream news outlets. This time it’s Corriere Della Sera, one of the oldest Italian newspapers. It’s website is one of the most visited in italy and draws around 1.6 million daily visitors (source: wikipedia.org):

http://nuvola.corriere.it/2014/01/09/matera-e-il-monastero-del-co-thinking/

My name is mentioned in the article as well, but there is no I in teamwork.

The unMonastery is the result of the love and work put in by this growing list of awsome people:  /t/the-lote3-aftermath/511/lets-give-it-up-for-all-who-made-lote3-awesome 

Slow and steady… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

don’t worry :slight_smile:

Don’t worry Nadia. In the piece is clear the work for unmonastery by edgeryders community. Anyway, I am sure in the next months many others italian (and european) blogs and newspapers will write about unmonastery, and we will have the chance to remark  the work from all esgeryders community.

1 Like

That would be lovely

if you or anyone else needs presentation material, or has ideas for how to make others more visible please let me know. Or better just go ahead <3

Media works on personalities, that is un-avoidable. The only way to try and hack that is to present yourself as a collective, refuse to give names and always speak as a group. There are certain collective art groups which have done that but it takes a lot of work, makes you less media friendly and I am not sure how beneficial it would be to the edgeryders cause.

Btw. media aside I have heard Edgeryders described as a few people’s private project on a populous hangout discussing intentional community building so it is not just the media which is confused.

1 Like

Bias is almost a human right I guess

Like [Marilena], I wouldn’t worry too much about this and I wouldn’t generalize. The media, as with any institution, is made of people, and it comes down to how they are doing their job - some are more thorough some not, although in the article in question . As long as it’s not offensive to anybody I don’t see a problem with names up front. Plus Edgeryders name is there, and any quick search will tell you essentially what it is- a large group of people doing stuff. So no point in arguing something that it’s not 'cause we’re here to back up any claim. by we I mean anyone in the space who has contributed with something as small as a comment.

PS There used to be a comment by [Ben] in this thread but for some reason has gone missing.

1 Like