Гісторыя першая. Як інфармацыйныя тэхналогіі могуць дапамагчы сумеснаму спажыванню?

Available in: :gb: English / :be: Belarusian

:gb: English version

In this Belarus grass root initiatives plot series I begin with a story about a project “Razam-Lepsh” (english - together is better), which the main aim is to help people for changing things and knowledge for common good. Recently I’ve had a conversation with Ratmir, who is one of the initiative active participator. He considers that another world is possible and builds it actively.

“We create a web-service which helps people to share their things and knowledge and, moreover, to find what they want. It is something like mutual aid social network,”- says one of co-founders of the project Ratmir, who lives on the farm near Polatsk (the north part of Belarus) about 4 years with his wife Helga, three horses, three cats and a dog. All this period his home has been visited by different guests and traveler from couchsurfing.org. Even each guest helped to build their cosy place, at the same time young family is glad to invite guests and share with others opportunity to look on their lifestyle.

Ratmir talks about reasons which were an impulse to start “Razam Lepsh”:“When I need some things, I realise again and again that I should ask about it my friends and acquaintances. Then this idea appeared, to collect different stuff and skills, which people would like to share in one place, therefore, to reduce time for search of actual things.”

Remarks: Moreover, Ratmir is an ecoby.info portal keeper. The portal is about eco-collaborative accommodation in Belarus.

Start and team

Today, the initiative gathered community more than 200 followers. The most actual task is to test the online platform.
The project support people from different social groups such as entrepreneurs, students, farmers, housewives. More detail you can read in the survey report.
The initiative team core consists of two people: Ratmir, who focuses on web-development issues, and his collegue Vadzim, who focuses on common coordination and public relations. There is a plenty of different people, which join to precise part of common work.

Resources

The human time is the most important resource in the project. For example, web hosting is provided by one of the team participator. All tasks usually are implemented by volunteers and social activists. The online platform are being developed on javascript framework Meteor.

“Razam Lepsh” is a volunteer projects and it use another crowdsourcing platform Talaka.by, where Vadzim, Ratmir and their team can get variety of knowledge about campaign strategy, publict relation with targets groups, how to present project or how to evaluate different resources. Another significant partner is community for free services exchange.

Collaborative consumption

When I asked what you believe in the initiative, Ratmir answered: “I believe that universe is good where people can help each other and get pleasure from the process. In fact for well-being society we need no so much and collaborative consumption is one step for the prosperity.”

By the way, collaborative consumption is a world trend which has tens billions USD money estimation. This type of “consumption” can have commercial component or be fully free from any charge. For instance, when an individual is going to have a car trip for long distance and he have free seats in his car. Then he can find another person (i.e. in such service as carsharing) who would like to move in the same direction and who can share with him petrol expenses partially.

Ratmir adds: “When new neighbour appeared on our farm and all of us needed to build something, we should buy a petrol planer (device to process and shape wood). To buy the tool alone is not effective because it will be without deal almost all time. Therefore we agreed and bought it for three family. Now, everyone can use it.”

Obstacles

The most hard moment for the initiative is to provide permanent online platform development. From time to time it is suspended because it is necessary to earn money for life. The main solution of the problem Ratmir offers to make regular monitoring of different related events such as hackathons where his team can involve new volunteers and get attention and feedback from other communities.

There is one similar initiative in Belarus as developed by the youth organization Fialta’s activists. It is called Stuffmate. In Russia there are similar projects but they focus on only things or only services, or use their own currency.“We didn’t meet initiative which is the same as we do. It is one more reason why we continue to develop Razam Lepsh. We are opened for new partners as well,” - Ratmir talks.

The most significant challenge for Razam Lepsh is beta-testing and first launch. They would like to understand what points in the prototype will work and what not. It defines their future steps.

Interesting to know

There are four tactics, which are used by Razam Lepsh team, you can use it as well:

• “It is obvious that there are a few people who can work long time only in enthusiasm. It is usually, when someone burnt (tired and exhausted), we leave him, but don’t forget about him. We send news letters and keep him informed about the project deals. And when we need his help again we call and ask to help in the deal.” (Ratmir)
  • To make more direct contacts and offline meetings with activists, for instance, monthly.
  • To add people’s names and pictures in different printed materials. To present such merchandise as t-shirts and signs for volunteers.
  • The basic of any successful interaction is confidence and benevolent.

References

The community Razam Lepsh in vk.com
Wikipedia about collaborative consumption

##:be: Belarusian version

Серыя расповядаў пра Беларусь пачнецца з гісторыі праекта - “Разам Лепш”, які закліканы дапамагчы людзям абменьвацца рэчамі для агульнага дабрабыту. Нядаўна давялося пагутарыць з актыўным удзельнікам ініцыятывы Ратмірам, які не толькі лічыць, што іншы свет магчымы, але і актыўна будуе яго.

Мы ствараем вэб-сэрвіс, з дапамогай якога людзі могуць дзяліцца сваімі рэчамі і ведамі, а таксама самім знаходзіць патрэбнае. Кшталту сацыяльнай сеткі ўзаемадапамогі,” - кажа адзін з пачынальнікаў ініцыятывы Ратмір, які ўжо чацьвёрты год жыве на хутары пад Полацкам разам са сваёй жонкай Эльгай, трыма канямі, трыма кошкамі ды сабакам. Увесь гэты час яго сядзібу наведваюць розныя госці часам і вандроўнікі з couchsurfing.org. Амаль кожны з гасцёй чымсьці дапамог, зрабіў свой унёсак у стварэньне іх утульнага кутка. У сваю чаргу, маладая сям’я з радасьцю прымае гасцей і даем магчымасьць пабачыць, як яшчэ можна жыць.

Вось што кажа Ратмір пра прычыны, якія падштурхнулі да стварэння “Разам Лепш”: “Калі мне самому спатрэбіліся пэўня рэчы, я які раз узгадаў, што прыйдзецца пытаць у сябраў, знаёмых. Тады прыйшла думка, сабраць усе рэчы і майстэрства, якімі людзі хочуць дзяліцца, у адным мецы, каб хутка можна было знасці тое, што патрэбна.

Рэмарка: Ратмір з’яўляецца вядзе партал ecoby.info, дзе канцэнтруецца інфармацыя пра новы экалагічны тып сумеснага пражывання ў Беларусі.

Пачатак і каманда

Зараз побач з гэтай справай сфарміравался супольнасць больш за 200 чалавек. Зараз адбываецца тэсціраванне анлайн пляцоўкі. Праект падтрымліваюць людзі з розных сацыяльных груп: прадпрымальнікі, студэнты, фермеры, гаспадыні. Падрабязней глядзіце вынікі апытання.

Ядро каманды гэтай ініцыятывы складаецца з двух чалавек: дзейсна Ратміра (займаецца праграмаваннем) і яго паплечніка Вадзіма (каардынацыя і публічныя камунікацыі), а таксама шэрагу людзей, якія далучаюцца да канкрэтных справаў.

Рэсурсы

Асноўны рэсурс праекта: чалавечы час.

Хостынг прадстаўляе удзельнік праекта, усю працу робяць удзельнікі каманды і валанцёры, плаформа распрацоўваецца на базе JS-фрэймворка Meteor.

“Разам лепш” з’яўляецца валанцёрскім праектам, якія актыўна выкарытоўвае краўдсорсынгавую пляцоўку Талака (talaka.by), дзе атрымлівае шмат карысных ведаў: як весьці кампанію, як зацікавіць людзей, як даносіць свае думкі да аўдыторыі, як скласьці дэтальны план рэалізацыі праэкту з улікам неабхожных рэсурсаў для яго ўвасабленьня. Іншым партнёрам з’яўляецца супольнасць па свабоднаму абмену паслугамі.

Сумеснае спажыванне

Калі я запытаў, у што вы верыце, калі рыхтуеце свой праект, Ратмір адказаў: “Я веру у тое, што мір добры, і што людзі могуць дапамагаць адзін аднаму і атрымліваць ад гэтага задавальненне. Насамрэч, для дасягнення грамадства дабрабыту патрэбна не так шмат, сумеснае спажыванне толькі адзін крок да росквіту.”

Між іншым, сумеснае спажыванне (collaborative consumption) - гэта сусветны трэнд, які ацэньваецца ў грашовым эквіваленце ў дзясяткі мільярдаў даляраў. Ён можа несьці камерцыйную складчыну, ці быць цалкам дабрачынным. Самы просты прыклад: калі чалавек едзе на машыне кудысьці далёка, і ў яго ёсьць вольныя месцы. Тады, праз адзін з сэрвісаў carsharing, ён можа знайсьці тых, каму таксама трэба ехаць у той бок, і хто гатовы часткова пакрыць выдаткі на паліва.

Ратмір дадае: “Калі у нас на хутары з’явіліся суседзі, і ўсім трэба было нешта будаваць, з’явілася неабходнасць у такой рэчы, як бензабур. Набываць яго аднаму - накладна, бо ён будзе стаяць большую частку часу без справы. Таму мы дамовіліся й набылі яго на траіх, і цяпер кожны карыстаецца ім, калі яму трэба)”.

Складанасці

Найбольшая складанасць у праекце - гэта забеспячэнне пастаяннай распрацоўкі платформы. Часам яна перапыняецца з-за неабходнасці зарабляць грошы на жыццё. Асноўным выхадам з гэтай праблемы Ратмір бачыць у пастаянным маніторынгу розных тэматычных мерапрыемсnвах, напрыклад, такіх, як хакатоны, дзе можна прыцягнуць новых валанцёраў і ўвагу іншых супольнасцяў.

Падобнымі да ініцыятывы “Разам Лепш!” займаецца ў Беларусі арганізацыя Фіальта праектам - Stuffmates, у Расіі ёсць некалькі блізкіх праектаў, але яны больш сканцэнтраваны або на паслугах, або на рэчах, хтосці выкарыстоўвае унутраную валюту.

“Пачынанні, якія б цалкам адпавядалі нашай ідэі, мы не сустракалі, менавіта таму мы працягваем займацца праектам Разам Лепш, і адкрыты да супрацы”, - распавядае Ратмір.

Зараз найбольш значным для Разам Лепш з’яўляецца завяршэнне працы над бэтаверсіяй і тэставы запуск, каб на практыцы зразумець, што працуе добра, a што варта пераглядзець.

Цікава ведаць

Чатыры тактыкі, якія выкарыстоўвае каманда і могуць быць каарысны для вашай ініцыятывы:

1. Зразумела, што, ня кожны можа доўгі час працаваць на адным энтузіазме. Звычайна, калі чалавек перагарае, проста траба пакінуць яго ў спакоі, але не забываць на яго, дасылаць навіны, трымаць у курсе спраў, і, як з'яўляецца неабходнасьць - зьвяртаецца да яго па дапамогу.
  2. Больш індывідуальных кантактаў і сустрэч у рэале з валанцёрамі і супольнасцю праекта, напрыклад раз на месяц.
  3. Адлюстроўваць імёны і выявы ўдзельнікаў у розных інфармацыйных матэрыялах. Дарыць сувернірную прадукцыю (майкі, значкі), тым хто дапамог праекту.
  4. Асновай любога паспяховага ўзаемадзеяння з'яўляецца давер і добразычлівасць.
3 Likes

Know of similar projects in your countries?

Mikhail, this was a compelling read on many layers,

I am very curious- do you know how Ratzmir and Vadim started this project in the beginning? Did they buy a farm or just borrow one or something else? How did the first people find their way to the project?

@Alberto you should consider visiting this place on your trip, it looks really interesting…

@nataliegryvnyak, @Hegazy, @Driss, @Iriedawta and @Inge…know of similar projects in your countries? Do you have questions for Mikhail to help develop this post further?

1 Like

Begining

Hi, Nadia!) What do you want to know about the begining? :slight_smile: I’m working with ecovillage theme for about 10 years and leave at my own land for 4 years, and I found it’s great variant for people that love nature and at the same time want to have cooperation with others) You can visit my site and see photos at least :slight_smile: http://windsnest.ecoby.info/

2 Likes

Ecovillage…

Hello @Ratmir, welcome! And sorry for not speaking Russian.

Great work, congratulations. I know a little but about ecovillages and I visited one in Cloughjordan, Ireland. They do interesting work there, mostly experimenting with different types of organic farming and with renewable (pellet-based) energy production.

But you guys have cooler hats. smiley

Would be cool to help out, but…

… everything, from the PR material to the platform is Russian only. Shame, beta testing is quite easy to do and we could have helped. Of course some of us do read and write Russian, but not many. Mh.

translating

Perhaps, @Mikhail_Volchak, you can tell them if they can translate the materials, we as community can help out def?

Or perhaps there are people on edgeryders who would be willing to help out with translation work?

Translating is hard work

… and so it should be done only if there is a clear need for it – which now I don’t see. The Russian-speaking world seems to be quite self-contained, so throwing a lot of hours of work to translate material needs to have a clear case for it. Communities can be generous, but this generosity should never be abused.

Dear Inge,

I can help with the translation. What kind of staff do you need to translate? Our idea is very clear, it’s related to collaborative consumption and sharing services - and the only thing we can help is to make English version after release Russian version of our application, IMHO :slight_smile:

2 Likes

to be fair

I wouldn’t really know, but I think people like @Matthias and @Alberto do?

“About us”?

Hello @Vadim, great to see you on Egderyders after meeting in Minsk! If you are to translate stuff, I would start by an English short, well-crafted explanation of your project and the social contract underpinning it. Remember how I was mistaken, and thought you were trying to do a sort of time bank? I only understood your point when you broke in saying: “No! No, it’s not a market, it’s for free! But ratings are important.”

Translation

Good day, Alberto!) We just didn’t think till now about translation and help of wider audience, but if it real case (help of proggramers and designers is highly appreciated now) - we’ll try to do it when we’ll have a little time for it. Thank you for your interest!

1 Like

Depends on the help you need…

What would you need exactly?

Hello @Nadia,

About beginning. What do you mean their first hackathon or team meeting?

About the farm. Ratmir build this farm.

I’ve invite the guys to the threat. They can answer you in more detail.

@Inge

I will ask them about any english material about the initiative.

I am very curious- do you know how Ratzmir and Vadim started this project in the beginning? Did they buy a farm or just borrow one or something else? How did the first people find their way to the project? - See more at: https://edgeryders.eu/en/comment/18786#comment-18786
I am very curious- do you know how Ratzmir and Vadim started this project in the beginning? Did they buy a farm or just borrow one or something else? How did the first people find their way to the project? - See more at: https://edgeryders.eu/en/comment/18786#comment-18786