Travel and accommodations

Welcome! This team tries to help lower the costs of participation in Lote4 (23-26 October) for every community member attending. This doesn’t necessarily mean fundraising, rather it also requires coordinating and nudging participants to book well in advance and book cheap. We are coordinating arrangements in this wiki, let us know if you booked something and wanna share a ride or a room.

If you are up for contributing to make this a great experience for you and your peers, let’s collaborate. Like everything on Edgeryders, this is driven by social interactions. Things only become active when you post something, so if you think something needs to happen, step in and drive it, and others will follow :slight_smile:

Tasks available to this team

Find accommodation deals in Matera

Host a fellow participant in Matera, October 22-26

…or add a new task if you want to contribute with something else!

Steps to get your Lote4 ticket

1. Pick a task of the ones above and complete it. If you need help don’t hesitate to ask by leaving a comment on the page. Each task is worth a proportion of the ticket value. and you need to complete enough of them to get one and come to Matera.

2. Go to MakerFox.com and register there with the same username as the one you have here on Edgeryders. Now go ahead and order your Lote4 ticket.

3. Wait to receive your ticket! Community members at Edgeryders will check how many tasks you’ve performed and it they add up to the value of a ticket, they’ll make sure to send it to you.

AirBnB deal renewal

Hi all,

I doubt I can make it to LOTE this year but I’ll gladly try to get the same deal as last year from the Paris Airbnb team. Let me know if you want me to. Best, D

long time!

Hi David, boy you’re fast, thanks so much!

I think we’d do great with a similar deal, do you recall if people actually used it last time? I remember booking via a personal recommendation… but nothing much about the others. So much stuff happened those days my memory gets blurred :slight_smile:

Just saying, so you don’t put too much effort.

An idea I have, and correct me if I’m wrong: would it be possible that as opposed to having 5-10% discount for unlimited spots, we have a bigger discount for a smaller amount of spots? Say 25% for 5 spots? That might increase the chances of people booking via AirBnb… just thinking out loud.

How’ve you been by the way?!

Hi Noemi, I’m good, struggling with time management like most of us…

Airbnb’s deal is standard. Unless they have changed :

EUR20 discount on a min of EUR100 (including fees), it’s more or less equivalent to offering the fees. One per user.

Last time, the deal was communicated way too late. Most people had made arrangements already. Maybe 2 bookings used the code…

Saw the negative email answer from AirBnb

Thanks so much for your offer, and don’t worry about it, we’re now in time to look for alternatives. If you change your mind about coming let us know.

For archival purposes, AirBnb declined to renew the deal. Hopefully, there will be easy alternatives now that many local contacts have been established.

Share accommodation with Airbnb

I just happened to come across this thread about staying with Airbnb in Matera. Perhaps it would be an idea to coordinate some of the apartments that are available so that people can share them? A quick search shows that there are 19 apartments that fits at least four people under the cost of 150 euros per night. Many of them are probably double beds, but perhaps those things can be worked out somehow…

So book ahead on Edgeryders…

… and allocate/sublet spots later? Doesn’t sound bad, but for upfronting expenses we’ll need to check the budget, not sure we can do it at this point.

Another option is to find people to stay with you early on, and book together with them. Give it another days since many are now on holiday, and let’s see.

Can we put together a list of sources of travel funding?

I posted a few here. Come help and get others to contribute too?

Done

In a chaotic, community fashion. No one had to sleep on the street.