Twitterstorm! Press conference on Twitter about the unMonastery on Monday 23 September

The unMonastery is a strange beast: right from inception we had to rewrite all rules. So now we are rewriting one more, and do a press conference on Twitter. Anybody who uses Twitter can help, and frankly we need all the help we can get to cook up a veritable twitterstorm. It will involve doing some retweeting and resharing (Facebook too) for about 30 mins-1 hour around Monday, 23rd September, 11.00 a.m. CET.  Many of us will be involved, myself included. If you want to be involved too talk to [Ben] or get in touch with @unmonastery on Twitter.

1 Like

I’m in! Centralizing tweets?

Count me in as 2:

@NoemiSalantiu and @edgeryders :-) 

Is there a space where we can help build content in the form of tweets? And will that be visible to anyone who’s joining the team so people can pick up content as they wish? Or would you prefer a centralized process whereby the @unmonastery is feeding content and everyone picks up systematically?

Is there a story we will be telling overall (think sequencing), or is it just pieces of information constituting a bunch of unMonastery news?

1 Like

Im in!

@Ladyniasan 

Guys if you use compose.io you can post on lots of places at the same time.

1 Like

Help!

Hi to you all. As you know, [Fabio] took the lead on the communication part, and I did for the local community engagement: after his wonderful job writing out the Italian version of the press release, and [Rita]'s great editing, we are now ready to go public. We have the email adresses of Matera’s press Office… but since yesterday Fabio is stuck with the TAV issues in Turin :frowning: We are in need for backup.

What do you think if:

• I send out the press release + info on the Twitter press conference (23d at 11 CET) to the Italian press contacts I have
  • I go also for Wired, Chefuturo and Huffingtonpost which have already written on the unMon? 

Once the Press Release in English will be ready we can focus on the Englis press?

i’m back

I’m back

this morning, as agreed in the call, i’llprepare the abstract to announce the press conference to all media we know

contacts

Ciao @invisigot and @ilariadauria I wait for copy to continue editing. As soon as it’ll be ready, I’ll send it to MT2019 Committee and they’ll help us through their personal contacts.

In addition, I found a group of journalists on FB which counts more than 10.000 members (giornalisti.italiani): I sent a message to the Administrator to ask for his help. [invisigot] do you know them? I Hope I did the right thing…

This is what I’ve posted on my FB wall, maybe a blogpost?

As I grow older I find that my, and others, perception of what is possible to achieve together is changing by the day.

It’s strange, when I was in my teens the grown ups kept telling us that one day we would settle down, and stop with all this wild stuff. They couldn’t understand why I chose living in a tiny cabin on an Icebreaker, instead of in a nice apartment . And when I quit a well-payed gig in a well-payed industry without a plan because I had a vague sense that we can and should do better, well…

The further along this path I go, and find others to travel it with together the bigger, and more beautiful the world becomes.

The unMonastery is by far the wildest thing I have ever been involved in building. Do yourself a favour. Yourself and a lot of people who are feeling lost and very uncertain about the future right now. Help get the unMonastery coverage in the media.

How, you ask? Well, it’s easy.

You, me and everyone we know ARE the media. And we’re doing a twitter press conference together on Monday September 23, at 11:00 CET. Come build a Twitterstorm with us!

https://edgeryders.eu/blog/twitterstorm-press-conference-on-twitter-about-the-unmonastery-on-monday-23-september

2 Likes

This is what I’ve posted on my FB wall, maybe a blogpost?

As I grow older I find that my, and others, perception of what is possible to achieve together is changing by the day.

It’s strange, when I was in my teens the grown ups kept telling us that one day we would settle down, and stop with all this wild stuff. They couldn’t understand why I chose living in a tiny cabin on an Icebreaker, instead of in a nice apartment . And when I quit a well-payed gig in a well-payed industry without a plan because I had a vague sense that we can and should do better, well…

The further along this path I go, and find others to travel it with together the bigger, and more beautiful the world becomes.

The unMonastery is by far the wildest thing I have ever been involved in building. Do yourself a favour. Yourself and a lot of people who are feeling lost and very uncertain about the future right now. Help get the unMonastery coverage in the media.

How, you ask? Well, it’s easy.

You, me and everyone we know ARE the media. And we’re doing a twitter press conference together on Monday September 23, at 11:00 CET. Come build a Twitterstorm with us!

https://edgeryders.eu/blog/twitterstorm-press-conference-on-twitter-about-the-unmonastery-on-monday-23-september

great!

great nadia!

1 Like

Twitterstorm Hashtag

Hi Nadia,

hi Ben,

have you already decided on a central hashtag to create the holding space (boundary object) on where all the incoming tweets will cling to?

#LOTE3storm for example

Cheers, Ralf

hashtag

we decided for #unmon

Hashtag

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

help for design and html

the abstract of press release is ready.

we need help to put html code and design as nadia's request

noemi, can you help us please?

Looking into it

I’ll look into what other html code mailchimp provides - the standard is not great, but cant guarantee good design,at least it’s not a 1hour job. Let me see what i can do…

Ben has offered to help with html code

for a dedicated page on Edgeryders.eu and unMonastery.Eu. If [Ben] codes it in HTML Then we can just reuse the same format for press releases for all future events etc. everyone wins. <3

There is already interest. People just need one place to go, how to help (step by step please), and what to tweet. Two good tips

1. compose.io: a really simple elegant tool coded by [guaka] that enables you to do status updates on multiple platforms simulataneusly from one interface. 
  2. pre-scheduling tweets: You can prepare tweets in advance. Here is a list of 6 ways/tools you can use to do this.
1 Like

composer.io

Correction: it’s composeR.io, with the R. And I’ve been involved in the project but it’s mostly not coded by me.

Gee Noemi, thanks a lot!

Up to now we gathered the following material:

• abstract of press release, in Italian (Gdoc)
  • press release, in Italian (edited, pdf)
  • emails of journalists from MT2019 and Municiplaity of MT press office 
  • journalist group on FB (see Rita above)
  • links to all the articles which spoke about the unMon up to now (Wired, Huffington, Chefuturo)

How do we manage these different kinds of files and info?

announced

just announced to the social media team and on the edgeryders facebook page :slight_smile:

I’m in of course :slight_smile:

(as my personal accounts and as edgeryders fb page)

http://compose.io/

is it just me or it’s not obvious how to log in, or rather register ? :slight_smile:

looks like it’s buggy right now, i pinged Kasper about it

Maybe its a  temporary bug?