While we hammer out the dashboard, here is a quick-and-dirty way to get up-to-date information on the OpenCare conversation. It is intended mostly for @Noemi and @Nadia, but you are all welcome to use it.
Works like this.
The following needs to be done only the first time you use the script:
- You need Python. All Macs have Python. I guess all non-Macs do, too. So that's covered.
- Open a Terminal window to install the libraries.
sudo pip install urllib2(you will be asked for your system password)
sudo pip install simplejson(you will be asked for your system password)
- Download this file and rename it
The following needs to be done every time you want fresh data
- Look for an application called IDLE, which is just a colorful interface for Python. Open it.
- From IDLE, open
- from the "Run" menu, select "Run module".
Results look like this:
>>> ================================ RESTART ================================
comments: 1188 (758K words)
nodes: 164 (517K words)