Want to learn how to create content for the new digital journalism?

In the community survey, the two-fold perspective which came out plays on the inward/outward distinction.

Seems like Edgeryders can be a learning channel based on peering skills, competences and know-how.

I stumbled on this opportunity, and was wondering if any Edgeryders wanted to pair up with me and follow this free, online course on digital journalism organized by the Italian newspaper La Stampa and Google.

Who’s it for?

• Students coming from journalism, computer science, graphic design and in general intrested people
  • Maximum 35 years old
  • Italian-speaking

How does it work?

• individual or groups can subscribe
  • working groups will be encouraged of at least 3 members: a journalist, a software developer and a graphic designer
  • 1 month and a half of free, online courses for all (10 lessons), some video tutorials, a couple of lab sessions
  • 1 project to be developed in 3 days using the tools learnt during the courses
  • the 3 best selected projects will be incubated in the MediaLab (Lab for innovation of La Stampa), recieve 4500€ and be published both on the newspaper and online.

You can find more on who’s teaching on the website and in the pdf document.

Time for subscriptions are from the 16th of December until the 28th of Februaary 2014. 

My questions:

• I would love to get your feedback on what you think of the process.
  • anyone interested in pairing up with me? Journalists, graphic designers and engineers/developers...
  • anyone have specific ideas for a project?
  • could this be of some interest for unMonastery?

It’s me actually…

I posted this while I was logged off, so it says Anonymous, but it’s me actually :slight_smile:

Thanks for finding this bug :slight_smile:

Hey Ilaria … I just made you author of your post. And thanks for finding this bug … posting something as Anonymous should not be possible anywhere on the site, but strangely, you were able to do this. I guess we need an update of the Drupal Commons software again …

1 Like

The endless work of a software developer…

Glad this post helped :slight_smile: